+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status, Canadian Experience Class Application

Iain.c

Jan 29, 2020
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I recently submitted a Common Law Visa application that was returned to me due to the government website providing me with
an outdated form. It's frustrating but it is what it is. My IEC visa ran out after I had applied for the Common Law Visa, but because
of the outdated form being used, my application for that was returned to me and I fell out of status. I immediately applied to restore my status and
noted the circumstances in a letter of explanation in my files.

Here's where it gets a little tricky. I have read accounts on here of people applying while out of status but with applications for restoration
of status in progress. I am in that situation. I applied for restoration, then applied for the Canadian Experience Class after receiving an invitation
to apply. I noted my Canadian Common Law Partner in my application, and explained in a LoE everything about my situation.

Can anyone here confirm that my application for Canadian Experience Class will be valid? Some say yes and they have been approved for PR,
and some others say you cannot apply while "out of status"

I hope someone can give me words of encouragement.
All the best and thanks for reading my post.

Please help!

I C

Last edited:

Ericoslala

Apr 15, 2024
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I recently submitted a Common Law Visa application that was returned to me due to the government website providing me with
an outdated form. It's frustrating but it is what it is. My IEC visa ran out after I had applied for the Common Law Visa, but because
of the outdated form being used, my application for that was returned to me and I fell out of status. I immediately applied to restore my status and
noted the circumstances in a letter of explanation in my files.

Here's where it gets a little tricky. I have read accounts on here of people applying while out of status but with applications for restoration
of status in progress. I am in that situation. I applied for restoration, then applied for the Canadian Experience Class after receiving an invitation
to apply. I noted my Canadian Common Law Partner in my application, and explained in a LoE everything about my situation.

Can anyone here confirm that my application for Canadian Experience Class will be valid? Some say yes and they have been approved for PR,
and some others say you cannot apply while "out of status"

I hope someone can give me words of encouragement.
All the best and thanks for reading my post.

Please help!

I C
Hi boss, I’m in the same situation! How did it turn out?