+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status application and Interim Work Authorization Exemption

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone, has anyone else applied for a Restoration of Status as Worker and the Interim Work Authorization Exemption?
1. I submitted my Restoration application on Oct 5th. Just wondering what the processing times are like?
2. I'm submitting my Exemption web form today. Has anyone else submitted it? Are they granting it for Post Grad Work Permit holders?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/exemption.html

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
I can check with IRCC again. My PGWP expired and my CoPR is issued. My mistake was that I didn't apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. IRCC told me to apply for restoration. Not sure what the outcome of restoration is but it doesn't seem the same as a work permit extension application...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think the restoration application is a restoration+bowp application combined.
You can't restore to a BOWP. To qualify for a BOWP, you must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Maybe a bit of a long-shot but I think you should try contacting them and explaining that you need to be able to work.

Fkho

Jul 1, 2021
Hello everyone, has anyone else applied for a Restoration of Status as Worker and the Interim Work Authorization Exemption?
1. I submitted my Restoration application on Oct 5th. Just wondering what the processing times are like?
2. I'm submitting my Exemption web form today. Has anyone else submitted it? Are they granting it for Post Grad Work Permit holders?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/exemption.html
Hi bartemiousdjini, im undergoing the same problem as you. Difference is i was told that my copr cannot been issued because my work permit has expired. Did you end up getting the interim authorization to work? And would you mind sharing the processing times?

I have applied to restore my status but im going to lose my job offer if i cannot prove that i can legally start working on july 12th.

Thank you in advance for your help!

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hi bartemiousdjini, im undergoing the same problem as you. Difference is i was told that my copr cannot been issued because my work permit has expired. Did you end up getting the interim authorization to work? And would you mind sharing the processing times?

I have applied to restore my status but im going to lose my job offer if i cannot prove that i can legally start working on july 12th.

Thank you in advance for your help!
its been a while, here's what i recall. I applied for restoration as worker Oct 5th 2020, they rejected my application ~ 6 weeks later saying i'm not eligible for bridging open work permit - same reason as scylla mentioned. My status expired on August 4th 2020, so I also applied for restoration as visitor on Nov 2nd 2020 - within 90 days of status expiration. They granted me visitor status on Feb 18th 2021.

Throughout this time, I kept submitting expedition requests via MP office and via webforms. I suggest you do the same.. I'm not sure if it helped or not but maybe without my constantly bugging them they would have taken longer.

interim authorization was only for LMIA work permit holders so they refused me, not sure if youre PGWP holder or LMIA one.

Luckily my employer didnt fire me, I explained things to them and kept in touch.. I took 5 months leave without pay..

Fkho

Jul 1, 2021
its been a while, here's what i recall. I applied for restoration as worker Oct 5th 2020, they rejected my application ~ 6 weeks later saying i'm not eligible for bridging open work permit - same reason as scylla mentioned. My status expired on August 4th 2020, so I also applied for restoration as visitor on Nov 2nd 2020 - within 90 days of status expiration. They granted me visitor status on Feb 18th 2021.

Throughout this time, I kept submitting expedition requests via MP office and via webforms. I suggest you do the same.. I'm not sure if it helped or not but maybe without my constantly bugging them they would have taken longer.

interim authorization was only for LMIA work permit holders so they refused me, not sure if youre PGWP holder or LMIA one.

Luckily my employer didnt fire me, I explained things to them and kept in touch.. I took 5 months leave without pay..
Thanks for your swift response - I appreciate it! Was yours a PGWP as well that expired? Mine is also a PGWP.

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for your swift response - I appreciate it! Was yours a PGWP as well that expired? Mine is also a PGWP.
yes pgwp. private msg me if you want details, hang in there, it can be emotionally difficult to deal with this, i know i dealt with a lot of stress anxiety depression, do reach out if you are feeling alone. things will work out its only a matter of time

Reactions: Fkho