+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restoraration of status help!

cavalper92

Jan 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

i applied for a work permit on july 2019 and got refused on November 15th. they gave me 90 days to restore my
status.

the thing is now i finally got invited to apply for permanent residence im trying to work on this application before February 15th and use it as the way to restore my status. is this right? if doesn't, what should i do?

thanks

congraservices

May 25, 2018
did you get invited to apply on Express Entry? Meaning you have an ITA or do you have an expression of interest from a province? If on Express Entry, Restore for a bridging open work permit before Feb 15th together with your acknowledgement of receipt letter for the PR application which you will get once you submit and pay the fees.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

i applied for a work permit on july 2019 and got refused on November 15th. they gave me 90 days to restore my
status.

the thing is now i finally got invited to apply for permanent residence im trying to work on this application before February 15th and use it as the way to restore my status. is this right? if doesn't, what should i do?

thanks
No, not right. The PR app has zero to do with status. You need to apply for Restoration ASAP.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
No, not right. The PR app has zero to do with status. You need to apply for Restoration ASAP.
Not true. Submitting a PR application on Express Entry would qualify him/her for a bridging open work permit. That would be a good opportunity to correct the previous deficiency which was refused since he/she probably submitted an application that was missing an LMIA where one was required and got refused. Just guessing... Restoration for a work permit with no basis makes no sense. Better restore to a bridging open if that opportunity has presented itself.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not true. Submitting a PR application on Express Entry would qualify him/her for a bridging open work permit. That would be a good opportunity to correct the previous deficiency which was refused since he/she probably submitted an application that was missing an LMIA where one was required and got refused. Just guessing... Restoration for a work permit with no basis makes no sense. Better restore to a bridging open if that opportunity has presented itself.
It is true and as OP is out of status, they do not and will not qualify for a BOWP. OP asked if applying for PR would be a way to restore their status. It isn't. They need to apply separately to do that and their only option for Restoration is as a visitor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't restore to a bridging open work permit. It's simply not possible You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you submit the BOWP application.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
You guys are right, I was thinking about bridging open as being same as any open work permit. But there are a lot of restrictions