+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from CSIS???

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it usually take to get a response back from CSIS? I sent a fax to them in mid-April and I still have not heard back from them.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
SadGirl:( said:
How long does it usually take to get a response back from CSIS? I sent a fax to them in mid-April and I still have not heard back from them.
What type of a request did you make?

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My request was regarding the status of the security enquiries in connection with my husband's permanent residence application that is currently being processed at the Canadian Embassy in London. I asked if they can provide me with any information with respect to the status of the security enquiries and also to advise me as to when CSIS expects to submit their report to the Canadian Embassy in London.

I

iarblue

I put one into them in April too nothing.So i then sent a email to the visa office two weeks later the visa office replied i sent what they wanted and then sent another email asking if it was good nothing its been 3 weeks since i sent the last email and to this date mississauga sent nothing .

al4ya

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Normally, they should get back to you within 30-days period.
They wouldn't let you the progress of the background checks or the expected date to send them to the embassy. All what they tell you is, if they have received a request for security checks from CIC and if it was done or still progress.
Good luck!!

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Sad girl, i read your time line and it says passport request and approve, so whatis the issue with the ppl who do background checks?? i might not be follwoing this thread but do u have passport request for your hubby...

Have you got your MP involve as your time london for London has even pass the un normal process time.. i hear n read london is 2 - 8 months .. so what is ahppeneing and have u tried visitng your hubby in UK at all during this waiting period.. CIC can be funny as i hear n read..

good luck and pray ok

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kwabena kwabena said:
Sad girl, i read your time line and it says passport request and approve, so whatis the issue with the ppl who do background checks?? i might not be follwoing this thread but do u have passport request for your hubby...

Have you got your MP involve as your time london for London has even pass the un normal process time.. i hear n read london is 2 - 8 months .. so what is ahppeneing and have u tried visitng your hubby in UK at all during this waiting period.. CIC can be funny as i hear n read..

good luck and pray ok
Kwabena, my signature says "Approved and Passport Request:" and "Passport Received:" but there is no date beside these two headings. My husbanad had not gotten his passport request yet. We've been waiting for nearly two years now -- 15 of those months have been waiting for the results of background checks. This is why I sent a fax to CSIS requesting on the status of the background checks and when they expect to send their results to London. However, unfortunately I have not heard anything back yet. :'(

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
your case is one of the strange one's and i cannot put my head around it, I am sure your hubby was or is not in the milltary or any of those CIA, MI5 FBI workers ,

Have you got your MP Involve or a lawyer?? wow i am sorry and have you paid a visit to your hubby and has he tried to visit you too in Canada???

wow am sorry you have not heard the good news, so what CIC London is saying is waiting for background checks.. How long can background checks take and also i hear the processing time in London is 2 - 8 months and after this one should get either a yes or no answer..

i am sure you have exhusted all angles but get you MP or even the immigration minister invovle...