+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency questionnaire (0171)

A

amirchov

canadiancoops said:
So basically its better for someone to miss out the dates travelled abroad when completing their residence questionnaire if they dont have stamps than actually put them in and try to prove they came back when they did to avoid RQ.
No one will ever encourage you to lie :)

I would rather not get the citizenship, than to show dishonesty. It's not just a matter of doing what's right, but also if you are caught lying, you'll have more obstacles to overcome
later on. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter when I'll get the citizenship; whether or not I possess a Canadian passport does not make me feel less Canadian.

So my recommendation - don't lie. There are ways to overcome this: like going to immigration at the airport (or nexus office) and getting a list of absences. I could have done that had I known that CIC can't do it themselves...

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funny you mentioned that - I called CBSA border services who gave me a number and that lady said 'sure - send a signed letter by fax and we'll send you all the dates you returned to Canada'. Just need toprovide passport number, sin, PR number and address. So I'll have this with me when I get to see the immigration officer, so hopefully that will be good enough.

S

Shooter10

Hi Everybody,

I have went through this procedure and it was one of the darkest period of my life !

However, as the person who has experienced how difficult to walk in darkness and have gook information of the different aspects of this procedure , I would like to share whatever I know with others.

If anybody has specific question , please post it ( not private) to be usable for others as well.

Shooter

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Dear Shooter
What was so dark about your experience
please take the time to write everything that you believe will benefit others
Thanks
Adam

Zaid21

Mar 17, 2012
Hey everyone,

Here's my story:
I resided in Canada July 2005, applied for citizenship Jan 2009 (I spent more than 1095 days)
I was 19 at the time and received a letter for the test.
I took the test October 23 2010 and the officer told us to wait for 3-4 months and we should expect a letter advising us about the place and time for the oath.
we applied as a family I did the test with my mother (i was the only adult at the time, all siblings were minors); my dad did not qualify because he had spend only two years and a half

4 months passed by and no answer, so we called the immigration office and they told us that we passed but there was a RQ on my dad. A few months after, we decided to separate, so my dad separated from the rest of the family and at the time I was newly wedded and did not even have any other passport (i was attached to my mother's since childhood and this was the biggest mistake ever)
After one year of my dad's separation, they sent my mom a RQ which they had to reason to send. This was in July 2011 and she sent in all documentations August 2011.

Up until this point, no answer is provided and whenever we ask about the status of this RQ, they say we don't know the time it takes to finish.

It's soooo frustrating and the idea of not having an ID pisses me off so badly

If anyone has a similar story and has gotten an answer from them as to how long it takes, I'd very much appreciate it if they tell me what to expect because I really want to get out for a vacation and to see the world, but lack of ID is a huge problem!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaid21 said:
did not even have any other passport (i was attached to my mother's since childhood and this was the biggest mistake ever)

It's soooo frustrating and the idea of not having an ID pisses me off so badly
Can't you apply for a separate passport from your home country?

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
Hi Amir

Any update about your citizenship buddy? your last post was around May of last year...

could you share your timeline after you filed back the docs and the completed residancy questionnaire?

Many Thanks

Sam

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaid21 said:
I can't. The embassy of my country is closed in so many places due to war conditions :(
Passport Canada will issue Permanent Residents that are unable (not unwilling) to obtain a travel document from their country of citizenship/ nationality or other authority a Certificate of Identity. Check if your country of destination accepts it for entry purposes (they do not allow travel back to your home country though).

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
Hi Every one,

If you have received Residence Questionnaire and you are from GTA, feel free to contact Nicholas Keung Immigration Reporter @ Toronto Star

Please put the Subject: Residence Questionnaire

Also if you dont mind please mention your nationality
Email: Nkeung @ thestar.ca

Tell him your story

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
Need your help! please check the following thread:

I thought the best way for us to move forward is to create a data bank of all those effected by the RQ. To insure privacy, I thought it is best that recipients forward their info to an email address. The email address is as follow:

rqrecipients@yahoo.ca

Right you are compliance

Below is the needed info:

Name:
Applied On:
Office:
In processing:
Transferred:
Test:
RQed:
RQ Response:
Origin/Home County: