+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire in edmonton

Jan 3, 2013
i have submitted my RQ in April 2011. and now has been waiting for 21 months and has not received any updates from the edmonton office yet. getting very frustrated. wondering how long do other people wait for the judge hearing or the oath after submitting their RQ???

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right now CIC Call Centre agents say it takes 48 months from the date you submit your response (for St. Clair office). Edmonton is probably not far behind them ...

You can check this link out for more timelines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E&type=view&gid=4&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=500

Do you mind sharing your timeline? I am also from Edmonton. My file has been in process for a year and I still have not received test invitation. :(

Jan 3, 2013
here is the timeline for my case! its crazy!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 12, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 12, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 27, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on February 22, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on February 28, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on March 18, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

and i sent my RQ to them in april 2011. havent received updats since then. I called the CIC a few times, but they didnt have a timeframe for edmonton office, and asked me just to wait.. i am now thinking to withdraw the case and maybe re-apply again. but i am not sure yet.. it is really crazy..

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you withdraw it now, it is almost 100% sure that you will receive an RQ when you apply again.

There is one more thing I have heard: CIC Edmonton office was scheduling judge hearings for 2015 a couple of months ago. If you have to see a judge, you will probably have to wait for a long time.

Have you requested ATIP records??? If you request physical files with written notes, you will probably be able to find out the reason why you received the RQ. There is not much you can do at this point. CIC has no timeline for applicants with RQ ... it can pretty much take forever ... Which is not fair and they have to chance it sooner or later, but right now timelines even for regular applicants are not looking good.

Good luck!

Jan 3, 2013
i am surprised that u have found out so much information! thanks.

but in other way, it is so sad and scary that it takes forever.

even though i am not withdrawing my case, but is it ok for me to leave canada until i hear from them again?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is ok to leave. You have already received an RQ, so CIC cannot issue another one for you for leaving the country. ;) The only thing you have to keep in mind that you have to maintain your valid PR status in Canada. You have to be able to show that you were living in Canada at least 2 years of the last 5 years. CIC can postpone your oath for years, so make sure you do not loose your PR status.

Jan 4, 2013
waitingforlong, i had also submitted residence questionnaire on april 2011(same as u) and no updates since then. if u happen to receive any update let me know.

waiting for long2

Jan 3, 2013
waitingforlong2 said:
waitingforlong, i had also submitted residence questionnaire on april 2011(same as u) and no updates since then. if u happen to receive any update let me know.

waiting for long2
are ur case also in edmonton office???
sure i will keep u update if i hear from them. so let me know if u have any updates too. thanks. :)

Jan 3, 2013
edmonton2011 said:
It is ok to leave. You have already received an RQ, so CIC cannot issue another one for you for leaving the country. ;) The only thing you have to keep in mind that you have to maintain your valid PR status in Canada. You have to be able to show that you were living in Canada at least 2 years of the last 5 years. CIC can postpone your oath for years, so make sure you do not loose your PR status.
yes, i am going back to my origin country probably in March this year (as by then, i have been waiting for 24 months since i submited my RQ). i will come back once i hear from CIC in the future. but make sure i meet the requirement to renew by PR card in 2015.

Thanks!!!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration townhall

http://lindaduncanmp.ca/event/immigration-townhall-with-jinny-sims/

Please attend if you can!

***********************************************************************************************

Kenny blames citizenship decline on 'fiscal restrain'
Updated
6:41 pm, January 16th, 2013
6:37 pm, January 16th, 2013

JESSICA HUME | QMI AGENCY
OTTAWA — Immigration Minister Jason Kenney explained a 73% drop in the number of permanent residents receiving Canadian citizenship between 2005 and 2012 by saying the government’s “fiscal restraint” was leading to fewer people having to process more applications.

Internal Citizenship and Immigration documents obtained by QMI Agency show only 2.9% of permanent residents who were eligible for citizenship in 2012 received it, down significantly from 76% in 2005.

“There are two reasons for that,” Kenney said. “Increased immigration levels above those under the previous government and an environment of fiscal restraint (means we have) less resources to process more permanent residents coming up for a limited number of spots.”

Kenney also said processing times had increased since 2005, but “only by about three months”.
Though he has been criticized for his policies, accused of making Canada less accessible to the weakest, Kenney said the government’s objectives in immigration are cracking down on fraud and crime while making it easier for skilled immigrants and students who have the greatest likelihood of contributing to society once they’re here.

“We put a greater emphasis on protecting the integrety of our immigration program,” he said. “There have been too many cases of fraudulent applications organized by crooked immigration agents.”

He added the government has an action plan to reduce processing times and streamline applications deemed desirable.

Kenney spoke to reporters upon arrival back in Canada after visiting Sri Lanka, several states in India as well as Turkey to discuss human smuggling, immigration fraud and refugees.

Source: http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/01/20130116-183722.html

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
waiting for long said:
yes, i am going back to my origin country probably in March this year (as by then, i have been waiting for 24 months since i submited my RQ). i will come back once i hear from CIC in the future. but make sure i meet the requirement to renew by PR card in 2015.

Thanks!!!
did you get your case completed? R u a citizen