+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Research Assistant ship/ Teaching Assistant ship work experience toward CEC

Nov 10, 2012
Arash322 said:
I'm sure the minimum wage would be an issue cause i emailed Detroit office and asked them for that.
I am counting my RA income before tuition deductions but it is not much:( I can't say there is a contract really but my RA is guaranteed. Every semester my supervisor signs some internal papers for our RA funding.
Concerning the contract I am counting on the letter that my supervisor is writing for me which will indicate my income/yr, hrs/week, and duties
I have another letter from my department that also mentions I receive RA as well as details of my TA
Do you think that would suffice?
Hi Arash
I was wondering if you heard something on your application yet.
I am a july applicant and have applied with exactly same credentials as yours. I was just a little curious to know where your case has reached.

I will appreciate any response from you

Thanks

SMz

Apr 29, 2018
The RA/TA counts because it is classified as "skilled" (Skill Level A). Several applicants have been successful, it's not new. it's just a matter of being able to document your hours (you will need 3900 hours, or if your masters' program was at least 2 years and you earned the degree, you would need 1950 hours as an RA/TA in your PhD program).

Just so there is no confusion from asbereth's post, CEC does not have a point system like the FSW class, so don't worry about that.
If I took one break in the summer, would that be a problem? Even if the total over the 2 years sums up to 1600 hours?