+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling test

Megs7

Aug 19, 2020
I have applied for citizenship a few months ago but now have to go back to my home country for a while. I assume I will get an online test invite whilst I’m away. By that time I will likely be unable to fly due to pregnancy so would need to reschedule. Will they give me a new test date for a few months later? I heard someone else say they were asked to contact IRCC once back in Canada and then wait to be rescheduled which could be months! This worries me because I plan to stay in my home country for a while for family support. Once baby is born I am happy to travel back for a specific test and oath date, but coming back with nothing scheduled will be difficult any time soon.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you need to reschedule, the best recourse would be to *tell them* the date (even if it’s a month + year or a range) when you expect to be back in Canada, e.g. January 2022.

Don’t expect them to read your mind or your future or make guesses or give another date that you can’t meet.

Honestly, if you applied a few months ago, chances are you won’t get an invite until over a year unless things dramatically pick up.

Megs7

Aug 19, 2020
If you need to reschedule, the best recourse would be to *tell them* the date (even if it’s a month + year or a range) when you expect to be back in Canada, e.g. January 2022.

Don’t expect them to read your mind or your future or make guesses or give another date that you can’t meet.

Honestly, if you applied a few months ago, chances are you won’t get an invite until over a year unless things dramatically pick up.
Thanks, its a good idea to give them a date when I know I will be able to travel back after having the baby. My husband will have a temporary visa for my home country for 2 years so won’t be back permanently for a while but definitely able to travel for the test and oath after baby is born. It’s so stressful not knowing a time line!

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Hi
I have applied for citizenship a few months ago but now have to go back to my home country for a while. I assume I will get an online test invite whilst I’m away. By that time I will likely be unable to fly due to pregnancy so would need to reschedule. Will they give me a new test date for a few months later? I heard someone else say they were asked to contact IRCC once back in Canada and then wait to be rescheduled which could be months! This worries me because I plan to stay in my home country for a while for family support. Once baby is born I am happy to travel back for a specific test and oath date, but coming back with nothing scheduled will be difficult any time soon.
Hi,
Could I ask about your decision? Did you reschedule your test and heard back from IRCC. I'm in the similar situation here. I'm out of Canada and have just received the invitation. To be honest, I don't want to flight back at this time since I'm traveling with two small kids and the flight option is so limited or with long hours of layover. I've also heard that rescheduling can take up to 6 months or even a year.
Thank you.