+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduled Citizenship test, received an email on how to download certificate?

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for citizenship, passed the test and got an invitation to the Oath Ceremony which was scheduled for November 2023. Unfortunately I had to reschedule due to my son being sick.

Yesterday I received an email from IRCC with instructions on how to download my certificate and links to set up an account. Obviously I can't do this until I complete my ceremony but when I log into my IRCC account to check the status, it shows the Citizenship Oath as "In Progress" with the original date that I had scheduled.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks!

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Apparently you didn't have attempted to see if your e-cert is ready or not. I'm just giving the most effective advice, take it or not.
Right, but why would they issue me a certificate without me completing the ceremony and taking the oath? I appreciate you taking the time to comment, but it isn't effective advice.

Anderl

Apr 11, 2024
The instructions to get an e-certificate are sent out before the scheduled oath ceremony so that you can get the certificate as soon as possible. If you did not attend the ceremony, the instructions are obviously moot. My daughter missed the ceremony due to an urgent medical appointment and is still waiting for a rescheduling (for 2 1/2 months now). The status tracker still has the original date for the ceremony.