+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirement of Medical exam for Express Entry

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
I would like to confirm one thing about medical exam.

The IRCC says "family members" need to do medical exam, even if they are not coming to Canada with me. The following is my situation:

1. I will come to Canada alone.
2. I do not have spouse/partner and do not have any children, however,
3. I have one brother and parents.

According to the definition of "family member" by IRCC, I do not have to submit medical exam for any family member, i.e. I will just have to submit my own medical exam.

Please confirm if I got it right. Thanks!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I would like to confirm one thing about medical exam.

The IRCC says "family members" need to do medical exam, even if they are not coming to Canada with me. The following is my situation:

1. I will come to Canada alone.
2. I do not have spouse/partner and do not have any children, however,
3. I have one brother and parents.

According to the definition of "family member" by IRCC, I do not have to submit medical exam for any family member, i.e. I will just have to submit my own medical exam.

Please confirm if I got it right. Thanks!
No, you cannot bring brothers or parents on PR, only your immediate family i.e. your spouse or kids. If you do not have any its just you. If you are applying for family visa that's a different story.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
No, you cannot bring brothers or parents on PR, only your immediate family i.e. your spouse or kids. If you do not have any its just you. If you are applying for family visa that's a different story.
Thanks. So I will only have to give the medical exam of myself only, right?