+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting Help regarding letter of invitation ....!!

ps13ds

Aug 1, 2017
hello All,
i have looking in form before posting here. I am PR and my brothers (Indian passport) green card is process and he wants to visit Canada in the mean time (4days max). i have been laid off and still looking for work for 3 weeks now. i wanted ask as i have to send him letter of invitation and i have to put in my job title and all.
should i send letter of invitation or get my wife to write one ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello All,
i have looking in form before posting here. I am PR and my brothers (Indian passport) green card is process and he wants to visit Canada in the mean time (4days max). i have been laid off and still looking for work for 3 weeks now. i wanted ask as i have to send him letter of invitation and i have to put in my job title and all.
Hi,

The invitation letter need not state your job title/employment details. It's also not necessary for you to provide any financial documents if you don't wish to.

You and your wife can co-sign the invitation letter. Do provide a copy of your marriage certificate too with this.

It's your brother who must prove he has the financial resources to afford his visit besides demonstrating strong ties to his country of residence

Cheers

Reactions: uwaifouuyi

ps13ds

Aug 1, 2017
thank you so much for your prompt reply. do i need to need letter of invitation to be notary attested ? i am asking as my parents filed for visitor visa from India and they needed it there. but my brother is filling it from US

Damartha

Aug 1, 2017
Hey everyone. my husband is sponsoring me but recently i got refusal letter saying that there is no much prof of marriage. now my my husband wanted to invite me for 4 weeks. my question is this : as we got rejeted letter is cic gonna doubt

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thank you so much for your prompt reply. do i need to need letter of invitation to be notary attested ? i am asking as my parents filed for visitor visa from India and they needed it there. but my brother is filling it from US
Notarization is not required

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey everyone. my husband is sponsoring me but recently i got refusal letter saying that there is no much prof of marriage. now my my husband wanted to invite me for 4 weeks. my question is this : as we got rejeted letter is cic gonna doubt
You should have provided a copy of your marriage certificate.

BTW it's not unusual to be refused for a TRV if the spouse is residing in Canada because IRCC suspects that the visiting spouse will overstay

Feb 1, 2018
hello All,
Hi, can you pls share how you presented yourself in the invitation letter? I am in same boat as you now (laid-off) and looking for the correct wording for the invitation letter. Is it sufficeint to write - "
I, Dave S, worked as a Job Title with XYZ at an annual salary of $X. My income for 2016 was $Y(NOA attached).
"
This is in past tense and doesn't state if I am still with same company Or do I have to clearly state that I worked with my company till such and such date and currently looking for new job or employment opp?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, can you pls share how you presented yourself in the invitation letter? I am in same boat as you now (laid-off) and looking for the correct wording for the invitation letter. Is it sufficeint to write - "
I, Dave S, worked as a Job Title with XYZ at an annual salary of $X. My income for 2016 was $Y(NOA attached).
This would work (past tense).

[quote[This is in past tense and doesn't state if I am still with same company Or do I have to clearly state that I worked with my company till such and such date and currently looking for new job or employment opp?[/QUOTE]
Not required.

Like I advised on your other thread, your wife can be the co-signer for the invitation letter + include your marriage certificate. Your mom needs to prove that she has the financial resources + strong ties to return to her home country