request information about spp colleges for 2 yr PG Diploma courses

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum.
I'm a BE Computer science. My profile is as below-

10th - 72%
12th - 68%
UG(B.E. computer science)- 75%(2013 passed out with no backlogs)
IELTS - 7.0(individual scores not less than 6)
GRE - N/A
Work experience - 0yrs

I would be thankful if you could help me suggest about the following :

1.According to my profile i'm confused whether to do masters or a 2 years PG Diploma course???

2.For a PG Diploma with co-op will it be possible to get any job after my PGdiploma??

3.I request to suggest any good-reputed spp colleges for 2 year PGDiploma courses in computers/IT in Ontario in order to get that 3 years PGWP.I'm willing to get into the course for this September intake 2014.

i eagerly look forward for reply......

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
KRUTHI said:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum.
I'm a BE Computer science. My profile is as below-

10th - 72%
12th - 68%
UG(B.E. computer science)- 75%(2013 passed out with no backlogs)
IELTS - 7.0(individual scores not less than 6)
GRE - N/A
Work experience - 0yrs

I would be thankful if you could help me suggest about the following :

1.According to my profile i'm confused whether to do masters or a 2 years PG Diploma course???

2.For a PG Diploma with co-op will it be possible to get any job after my PGdiploma??

3.I request to suggest any good-reputed spp colleges for 2 year PGDiploma courses in computers/IT in Ontario in order to get that 3 years PGWP.I'm willing to get into the course for this September intake 2014.

i eagerly look forward for reply......
Ur profile is good for applying to universities for masters. However, i u feel like going to colleges, u may check this site for a list of all programs and colleges offering them. U need to apply to colleges as soon as possible since september is a major intake and there are lot of applicants.
www.ontariocolleges.ca

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Bro I had a similar profile, now I am applying visa for conestoga college for graduate certificate mobile solutions. If you have WhatsApp u can add me on 9646224341 for more information

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
KRUTHI said:
@ raj-009 thank you for your valuable feedback.
that was helpful :)
Ur welcome. juz make a wise decision. There is nothing like PG DIPLOMA. Its advanced diploma in all the colleges. Mostly it is 3yrs program, but bachelor degree holders get directly into the 2nd year of study, and hence complete the program in 2yrs. U need to pay fee for 2yrs. Centennial, conestoga, goretbrown, humber, lambton are some of good colleges to consider. ATB

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
RAJ can you clarify my confusion...about PG Diploma or MS in canada..since i have gud profile will it be wise for me to wait for university admission(ri8 nw its late for me to apply 2 any:may be next intake) or get into a pg program immediately for the september intake?

i'm inclined towards gaining practical knowledge in computers field...is it an appropriate decision to go aboard and get a pg diploma*(where the cost for both differ slightly )...???

lakesh6

Mar 22, 2014
You have a good profile. But if u apply fir the university than chances of getting job is very high and for colleges no doubt about job u will get that. On the other hand university fee is almost twice than college fee and offer letter of university takes several months and sometimes its not sure that u will get a offer of place. You its up to you college or university.

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
KRUTHI said:
RAJ can you clarify my confusion...about PG Diploma or MS in canada..since i have gud profile will it be wise for me to wait for university admission(ri8 nw its late for me to apply 2 any:may be next intake) or get into a pg program immediately for the september intake?

i'm inclined towards gaining practical knowledge in computers field...is it an appropriate decision to go aboard and get a pg diploma*(where the cost for both differ slightly )...???
There are certainly pros and cons for both the options. Firstly, if u consider masters, with ur profile, chances of getting admission are high. Obviously, after B.E if ur going for M.E, this improves ur visa chances too. Another imp point is that, master grads are eligible to apply for PR under PNP without having a job offer. Dts d biggest advantage. Canadian employers prefer masters.
Talking abt colleges now, they are also good in regards fee structure and provision of co-op program that gives u some valuable work-exp. The endorsement would be ADVANCE DIPLOMA. Employers consider this too.
Overall, for getting a good job, it all depends on ur own caliber and ur networking skills.
There are few universities offering masters for jan and even may intake. u can apply to them.
Try out university of windsor.. they are still accepting for sep intake. they have Ms. comp science with co-op. its a good option for u if u dont want to waster ur time. .