+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for documentary evidence of your residence in Canada

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
Hello did anyone receive Request for documentary evidence of your residence in Canada after the test in Montreal
Do you have any idea how long does it take to process this
I hope not years
People who took the tests after me already took the oath and became citizens
This is very frustrating
thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
What exactly did they ask for in the CIT-520 form?

I have no experience with this in Montreal, but an acquaintance of mine got two consecutive CIT-520 forms in Winnipeg. It took just under 11 months from the test date to oath. Winnipeg is generally regarded as one of the slowest offices.

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
They asked for lease and mortgage documents, pay stubs and employment records and photocopy of my passport and tax assessments. Why did they asked twice in your case ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
If you have submitted all the documents which they have ask than you have to call
CIC and check why they are asking again... if you have not submitted than submit fast..
delay will abandon your application..

Yani07

Oct 16, 2014
Hello Everyone.

I am new here and would appreciate you assistance.
My wife is a Canadian citizen and sponsored me under family class, landed Apr. 2007 and lived in Montreal till Nov. 2011. I submitted my citizenship application on Nov. 2010 (I was away for only 25 days in family vacation during 4 years). No updates on file till immigration requested finger print in March 2012, done and sent in couple of days, 8 months later I got RQ which was filled and sent back with docs, finger prints requested again end Dec. 2013, done and sent. I got the test and officer interview on June 2014, full mark on test. During the interview the officer asked normal questions about income tax, rent, etc... it took around 30 mins , at the end he said (I did not do the final assessment of your file, I will do that and find out if you need to meet a judge or not). Couple of days later I got a letter to provide more documents, done and sent, then lately I received another letter requesting my tax returns and schedules which were sent in timely manner.

My questions are:

1- Do officers review the files pre interview? or they just depend on interview to gather information.
2- Is meeting judges a sign of doubt?
3- Why possibly requests tax return and schedules? despite that I attached to my RQ every document that related to tax such as tax assessment ...etc

your assistance is highly appreciated

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No DONT "call CIC and check why they are asking again". Just sent what they asked for, forget why they asked for it, and wait.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
If you have submitted all the documents which they have ask than you have to call
CIC and check why they are asking again... if you have not submitted than submit fast..
delay will abandon your application..
I agree , When dealing with CIC move fast... since they tend to take their time with things

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
No I have send them what ever they asked in 1 week. My question is how long usually it takes them to evaluate those documents and make a decision ?
And why in one case they send an other RQ
thanks

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealer69 said:
No I have send them what ever they asked in 1 week. My question is how long usually it takes them to evaluate those documents and make a decision ?
And why in one case they send an other RQ
thanks
Do not worry, you will be good. Takes six months to get oath invitation.
Cheers,