+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada"

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
access said:
Can you please send the scan pdf of CIT 0520 (10-2013) E and CIT 0171.. removing your personal details - case #, etc..
or any link from website
If you can scan it, I would post it on the RQ blog to serve as a reference for others.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be nice to see this form (with all personal/handwritten info whited-out, of course), but I guess, it's clear-- it's not an RQ, and it has a list of documents that may be requested with checkboxes for an agent to mark specific required documents to be submitted by an applicant (correct me, if I'm wrong). The form can also be requested through Access to Information from CIC.

Thanks, links18, for breaking this info here.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to Links18 for sending a copy!

It's up on the RQ blog now: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/cit_520-e/ Links also include a copy of a specific request for CBSA records, which I didn't post since it seemed fairly self-evident and the current citizenship application includes a checkbox for it. However, if people are interested, I will post that as well.

Interestingly I realize that a CIC official referred to this at the Canadian Council for Refugees consultation that I went to in November. She indicated that the CIC was unprepared for how many RQs were issued post OB407 and the amount of documents that RQ recipients would submit in response to their RQs. To minimize the document-overload, she said that citizenship officers/citizenship officials were now allowed to request specific documents if they believe that it will resolve the residence concern instead of requesting an entire RQ. This would be more efficient for applicants and the CIC.

In general, I think getting this form is better news than getting an RQ. The CIC has indicated a specific concern and the specific documents which could resolve that concern, as opposed to the generalized concern that an RQ indicates.

SINI2014

Jan 20, 2014
My Hoby Received the CIT 0520 on the day of test which was last week at Mississauga centre. He got 20/20. People who passed the test on that day, received the notice of attendance for oath for following week, test was on Sat their oath is going to be on Thursday .
The officer mentioned to my husband explicitly that it wont take a long time to process this document. He said within 4 weeks. My Hoby needs to provide translation of his passports stamps. I don't think it's RQ, and it wont take more than 4 months( in the worst case scenario), because the officer was looking at stamps dates in his passport and he was almost convinced that everything OK. However, since my hoby is student and he spent one semester (sept to Jan) out of Canada the officer hesitated and asked him to provide this document.
has anyone had any other information?!!!

aayazdi

Jan 23, 2014
Hi, the same happened to me back in Dec. 19, 2013. I sent them the documents, but have not heard from them since. Does anyone know how long it takes if you get CIT0520 after the citizenship test? thanks,

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aayazdi said:
Hi, the same happened to me back in Dec. 19, 2013. I sent them the documents, but have not heard from them since. Does anyone know how long it takes if you get CIT0520 after the citizenship test? thanks,
its only Jan 24, 2014..expect at least 3 months to 35 months

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
aayazdi said:
Nobody knows how long it will take. It likely depends on the local office, which is itself an issue.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Guys,

if you see at the bottom of this file cit_52--e.pdf, you can see there is a number 10-2013.

That means this new form is introduced in Oct 2013 and this also suggest that right now Oct 2013 applications are in process.

canadp

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
canadp said:
Guys,

if you see at the bottom of this file cit_52--e.pdf, you can see there is a number 10-2013.

That means this new form is introduced in Oct 2013 and this also suggest that right now Oct 2013 applications are in process.

canadp
Why does that suggest this? I know someone who just got that form who filed their application in 2011.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
links18 said:
Why does that suggest this? I know someone who just got that form who filed their application in 2011.
It could be revised if you say so, but that number means month and year when that form was released, you can find it on each and every government docs. including tax forms, driving license form etc.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
canadp said:
It could be revised if you say so, but that number means month and year when that form was released, you can find it on each and every government docs. including tax forms, driving license form etc.
Yes, but what bearing does that have on which applications CIC is now processing? I don't understand. There is a new form, corresponding to a slightly new procedure for dealing with applications that need more scrutiny, but there is nothing preventing them from giving this form to someone who applied prior to its release.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
you are right. I can't answer that. lol

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Is it at all significant that this document is entitled "Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada" and not "Request for Documentary Evidence of Physical Presence in Canada"?