+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for CSQ before I have received it?

williamjriley

Oct 31, 2016
So I got this email today regarding my application. My girlfriend is sponsoring me (I am a British citizen).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Stat Dec of Common-Law IMM5409: A signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures
CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles

Instructions to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) can be found on this website:

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

My girlfriend has been approved as a sponsor and I applied for the CSQ two months ago but I have not heard anything since. They took the credit card payment about a month ago. The 30 day deadline is a bit worrying if we haven't heard anything from Quebec.

The statutory declaration is getting sorted, but do I send it by email, upload it onto mycic or send it by post? Also, it asks for original signatures. Does this mean I have to send original by post or can I scan it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
Provided the common-law form as they ask and write a letter to explain that you already applied for CSQ and that you will send it to them as soon as possible. You can call the csq office, they are easy to reach and friendly, they will answer your question. Here is the link for phone number: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html
Cheers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
williamjriley said:
My girlfriend has been approved as a sponsor and I applied for the CSQ two months ago but I have not heard anything since. They took the credit card payment about a month ago. The 30 day deadline is a bit worrying if we haven't heard anything from Quebec.

The statutory declaration is getting sorted, but do I send it by email, upload it onto mycic or send it by post? Also, it asks for original signatures. Does this mean I have to send original by post or can I scan it?
IRCC will grant you an extension if you show them you have applied and are still waiting for the CSQ.

The original Stat Dec needs to be mailed in.

williamjriley

Oct 31, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
IRCC will grant you an extension if you show them you have applied and are still waiting for the CSQ.

The original Stat Dec needs to be mailed in.
Cool, thanks! If they didn't provide an address in the request do I send it to the same place I sent the original application? CPC Mississauga?

Also, would a tracking number and confirmation of delivery be enough to prove I've applied for CSQ? Haven't heard anything else from them since I applied.

Going to try call Quebec tonight.

melimelomed

Apr 1, 2016
I applied for outland spouse sponsorship for my American husband. I submitted our CSQ application mid-August and after 2 phone calls to Immigration Quebec, it appears their delays are currently extremely long. As of Oct 24th I was told they were processing applications received August 5th! So frustrating to face those extra delays especially given Canada has been processing applications faster recently!

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
melimelomed said:
I applied for outland spouse sponsorship for my American husband. I submitted our CSQ application mid-August and after 2 phone calls to Immigration Quebec, it appears their delays are currently extremely long. As of Oct 24th I was told they were processing applications received August 5th! So frustrating to face those extra delays especially given Canada has been processing applications faster recently!
It's sad that quebec processing time get longer, last year I sent my apllication on december 18th and received the csq for my wife on january 26th.

Jan 21, 2020
How do I send Quebec selection certificate to India? They emailed to submit it but not cleared about the submitting. Do I send them original or scan version of qcs?