+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for asylum to Canada and resettle because I am Syrian I can not go back to Syria

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
how to be identified by UNHCR for resettlement in Canada.? what can i do for that?
The first step is to get in touch with UNHCR and to be identified as a refugee. You have to get in touch with UNHCR in Spain: http://www.unhcr.org/spain.html

It will be up to them if you're identified for resettlement to Canada - or another country. It's quite possible another country may be selected for you. You don't get to pick whichever country you want.

If your case is already being processed in Spain, then I'm not sure that you'll be selected for resettlement elsewhere. As a refugee, your only option may be Spain.

ndyeah

Aug 8, 2017
@ndyeah:
Just so I understand, you have been accepted as a refugee in Spain already, but you aren't happy there because of the language barrier and job prospects? You want to move to Canada, rather than Spain because you have family here? And you think that you have the basis to ask the Canadian government for money because you are a refugee?
what else i need for asking money..? thats why i am asking here hep from this blog.

yes there are many issues with me here because i can not go back to my country . so i am here. i am still facing some psychological issues as well. i am more comfortable as my uncle lives there with family, . my mental health will be better . there will be lots of job opportunities for me i will be able to stand on my feet so quickly. my qualifications are in english and they will accept it definetlt. i am a computer engineer.. i find my life hard becuase of language, job and these are also a great stress for me. my doctors have already declares i am still have pshycological issues here.

ndyeah

Aug 8, 2017
The first step is to get in touch with UNHCR and to be identified as a refugee. You have to get in touch with UNHCR in Spain: http://www.unhcr.org/spain.html

It will be up to them if you're identified for resettlement to Canada - or another country. It's quite possible another country may be selected for you. You don't get to pick whichever country you want.

If your case is already being processed in Spain, then I'm not sure that you'll be selected for resettlement elsewhere. As a refugee, your only option may be Spain.
can only unhcr refer me for that process or any ither organization as well like currently there is an organzaition already who give support to refugee people? you answers realy help ..

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
what else i need for asking money..? thats why i am asking here hep from this blog.
Well, since you aren't a recognized refugee in Canada, you have no right to ask for anything from Canada. And contrary to popular belief, Canada does not hand out money just because you are a refugee. You are expected (other than possibly if you qualify an initial amount to get set up) to support yourself and get a job. There are no hand outs for refugees.
As you already seem to have been accepted by Spain (they give you temporary status and it sounds like your PR is in process there) you won't qualify as a refugee for Canada. You have already been given the protection of Spain.
Look at the bright side, once you have a PR in Spain, you are free to travel and work anywhere in the EU. So you aren't trapped there.

Reactions: ndyeah

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can only unhcr refer me for that process or any ither organization as well like currently there is an organzaition already who give support to refugee people? you answers realy help ..
Canada accepts referrals from some organizations similar to UNHCR but I don't know who those organizations are.

ndyeah

Aug 8, 2017
Well, since you aren't a recognized refugee in Canada, you have no right to ask for anything from Canada. And contrary to popular belief, Canada does not hand out money just because you are a refugee. You are expected (other than possibly if you qualify an initial amount to get set up) to support yourself and get a job. There are no hand outs for refugees.
As you already seem to have been accepted by Spain (they give you temporary status and it sounds like your PR is in process there) you won't qualify as a refugee for Canada. You have already been given the protection of Spain.
Look at the bright side, once you have a PR in Spain, you are free to travel and work anywhere in the EU. So you aren't trapped there.
it is normal in Spain to get red cards (temporary stay for 6 months), after three or four cards they give decisions (approve or dis-qualify)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have received asylum in Spain you can't move to Canada as a refugee therefore no point in contacting UNHCR. I am unsure if you uncle is a governnment sponsored refugee or refugee receiving social assistance but either way he is not in the position to try and sponsor you. Just so you know the wait for government and private sponsorship can take years. Since you seem to have asylum in Spain that won't be an option. Once you get asylum you should be able to move around Europe and you can look at immigrating to Canada based on your education and work history.

ndyeah

Aug 8, 2017
If you have received asylum in Spain you can't move to Canada as a refugee therefore no point in contacting UNHCR. I am unsure if you uncle is a governnment sponsored refugee or refugee receiving social assistance but either way he is not in the position to try and sponsor you. Just so you know the wait for government and private sponsorship can take years. Since you seem to have asylum in Spain that won't be an option. Once you get asylum you should be able to move around Europe and you can look at immigrating to Canada based on your education and work history.
thanks for the information, how much time does take by Group of 5 Sponsor if pvt and government organisations take up to years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Both take years but you don't qualify for either program because you have already been given asylum. You can only get asylum once.