+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

report immigration fraud cbsa and anyone can make question with my thread thank you.

justin12345

Sep 3, 2024
-Send the information to IRCC, I believe they are the lead agency on this type of thing (CBSA more interested in outright criminality). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html
-If IRCC acts, it is more likely to be at point where they apply to become PRs, because it will make more sense to look into the work experience when evaluating the PR application.
I have informed IRCC also. All the information which I have given to CBSA has been shared with New Delhi Visa office. They always sent an automated message that your message has been received. But they have also not done anything. God save Canada!

Simonejuan

Sep 1, 2024

1. I have informed IRCC also. All the information which I have given to CBSA has been shared with New Delhi Visa office. They always sent an automated message that your message has been received. But they have also not done anything. God save Canada!
    Sorry, I am kanna confused, how did you report to the IRCC? I mean that I try to look for IRCC report. I only found out the CBSA which is web form same sa the up person gave the link.

Simonejuan

Sep 1, 2024
Are you talking about under the “immigration section?” If I clicked it. And made web form it send automatically to the CBSA not Ircc.
Am I something misunderstanding?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have informed IRCC also. All the information which I have given to CBSA has been shared with New Delhi Visa office. They always sent an automated message that your message has been received. But they have also not done anything. God save Canada!
The point above is that IRCC/CBSA have limited resources. They are not very likely (in my view) to actively look into someone who has an existing time-limited visa: the person will either leave, or apply to renew something or for a new status, or possibly try to re-enter Canada. Instead they may simply put a flag on the file ("look into this person - allegation of immigration fraud"). At that later point - eg when applying for PR status - that flag may instead cause some IRCC officer to send that PR application for 'special control' / CBSA checks / whatever.

Is this guaranteed? No. But trying to look into someone already in country on a temporary visa who's not a dangerous criminal is very resource-intensive and not very effective. (Even if they do determine the allegations are true, deporting someone is expensive.)

justin12345

Sep 3, 2024
The point above is that IRCC/CBSA have limited resources. They are not very likely (in my view) to actively look into someone who has an existing time-limited visa: the person will either leave, or apply to renew something or for a new status, or possibly try to re-enter Canada. Instead they may simply put a flag on the file ("look into this person - allegation of immigration fraud"). At that later point - eg when applying for PR status - that flag may instead cause some IRCC officer to send that PR application for 'special control' / CBSA checks / whatever.

Is this guaranteed? No. But trying to look into someone already in country on a temporary visa who's not a dangerous criminal is very resource-intensive and not very effective. (Even if they do determine the allegations are true, deporting someone is expensive.)
I do not know what they will do but if even after getting hundreds of proofs of misrepresentation and fraud they are so slow or are not doing anything, it is a big question mark on the integrity and efficiency of those agencies. If they do not have resources to investigate such cases they should not ask people to report such cases. Why we waste our time. (This is what I feel.)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I do not know what they will do but if even after getting hundreds of proofs of misrepresentation and fraud they are so slow or are not doing anything, it is a big question mark on the integrity and efficiency of those agencies. If they do not have resources to investigate such cases they should not ask people to report such cases. Why we waste our time. (This is what I feel.)
To put this in simple terms: physically hunting people down and deporting them is not feasible.

Letting their visas run out and/or refusing any new applications (after investigating) is feasible.

justin12345

Sep 3, 2024
To put this in simple terms: physically hunting people down and deporting them is not feasible.

Letting their visas run out and/or refusing any new applications (after investigating) is feasible.
I understand what you are saying brother. Physically going after people is not possible in every case. But after getting all misrepresentation proofs in January 2024 they still issued open work permit in August 2024 to the spouse which was dissapointing. They even did not issue any PFL. PFL can be issued anytime.
But I also understand that there is nothing more we can do except reporting.
Thanks for your inputs.