+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR Card - Canada frequent visits prior final landing

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All

I have completed 2.4 years stay in Canada without any travel. Prior 2.4 years I frequently visited Canada as I moved family 4 years back. In PR card renewal application under absence history for past 5 years, should I consider my frequent stays (monthly) or I mention one absence from landing to final landing?

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All

I have completed 2.4 years stay in Canada without any travel. Prior 2.4 years I frequently visited Canada as I moved family 4 years back. In PR card renewal application under absence history for past 5 years, should I consider my frequent stays (monthly) or I mention one absence from landing to final landing?
You need to list every travel outside of Canada individually for the 5 years prior to applying. Don’t lump them together.

Reactions: Ponga

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
thanks. but they r may be 15-20 visits to Canada before final landing all need to list?
To clarify, you need to list the trips that you have taken from Canada, not to Canada. Because you have been a PR since you did your initial landing, the Canadian government assumes that you reside in Canada. So list absences from Canada, not trips to Canada.

Also, there is no such things as a "final landing". The only thing that matters is your initial landing, i.e. when you became a PR.
  • If this is less than 5 years ago, you need to list all absences from Canada since that date.
  • If this is more than 5 years ago, you need to list all absences from Canada in the last 5 years prior to the date you submit your application to renew your PR card.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
To give you an idea, we used to live close to the border and went to US to get gas and pickup packages. ALL those trips needed to be listed if that's within the 5 years and AFTER you officially landed as PR.

Reactions: dpenabill