+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing Indian License Overseas and Using Drivers License Extract After Getting G1

Jul 28, 2022
Hi there,

I wish to use my existing driving experience from India towards my driving license application here.

My Indian DL is expired and I didn't bring a driving extract with me.

I plan to travel back to India at some point in the next few months?

1. I was wondering if I should still go ahead and give the G1 written test? Can I bring the extract to a Service Ontario later on for applying the credits?
2. I didn't have the smart card DL for my old license from India. Can I still renew my license online? Can I also get an extract online after renewing?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Jul 28, 2022
You can try it. Select your state and click on "Apply for DL Renewal":
https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do

Then enter your DL details and DOB on DL and see what happens. If your information is in their system, you'll be able to proceed. If not then it'll show an error.
Thanks for sharing that. Do you also know if I need to provide my extract when I give my G1 License exam? Or can I add my experience after I have received my extract?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Thanks for sharing that. Do you also know if I need to provide my extract when I give my G1 License exam? Or can I add my experience after I have received my extract?
I'm fairly sure you can't add experience afterwards. But you should go to Service Ontario and ask to be sure. I assume you're in Canada.