+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed my passport

Retaj

Jul 6, 2017
hello,

I have a temporary visa to study in Canada. I renewed my passport when I was on a vacation in my country. How to enter Canada with the new passoprt to resume my studies? Can I enter with the old passport? If so, how do I get the visa stamped in the new passport?

Thank you in advance.

N

newtoexpressentry

you should carry both ur passports during travel. Keep the passports together. u can use visa counterfoil on old passport if its valid

Retaj

Jul 6, 2017
Thank you very much for your answer. Do you have any idea where should I stamp the visa in the new passport once I enter Canada?

N

newtoexpressentry

Thank you very much for your answer. Do you have any idea where should I stamp the visa in the new passport once I enter Canada?
what do u mean? visa is already stamped on old passport right? when ur at port of entry/airport just give them both passports and if asked where is the visa show the visa on old passport.

N

newtoexpressentry

Do you mean no need to get another visa on the new passport?
like I said if the old visa on old passport is still valid not expired(check the valid to date) then yes u can use the same visa and if u still have all the other documents needed like letter from college/university etc

N

newtoexpressentry

I am also guessing ur old visa on old passport is a multiple entry visa