Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Hi,

I had applied for renewal in September and I see on online status that they sent me letter on 29/01 but I still not got it after 9 days (7 working). How long should I wait to contact them ? And at which number should I call ?

Thanks for your help

rockstar123

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Jul 2014
AOR Received.
5 Sep 2014
File Transfer...
5 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
IP: 5 Jan 2015. DM: 6 Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10 Feb 2015. Passport Submitted: 17 Feb 2015.
Maybe wait another week.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
Hi,

I had applied for renewal in September and I see on online status that they sent me letter on 29/01 but I still not got it after 9 days (7 working). How long should I wait to contact them ? And at which number should I call ?

Thanks for your help
Can you see the message that decision has been made?

If not, you are getting a letter tells you that your application is in second review.... which takes longer than average processing time. Just like mine. I sent my renewal application in end of September and my status says just like yours.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
Can you see the message that decision has been made?

If not, you are getting a letter tells you that your application is in second review.... which takes longer than average processing time. Just like mine. I sent my renewal application in end of September and my status says just like yours.
It is indicated In process, so what do you mean by second review ? They will ask to come in an office ?

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
It is indicated In process, so what do you mean by second review ? They will ask to come in an office ?
Second reviews sometimes happened after first review. It takes longer than average time and do not know how long it will take...

I am in this situation.

I aware that the reason our application went for second review is that we are family of four applicants and total of copies of 12 passports (children have triple nationalities)... with lots of stamps.
We stayed in Canada 4 years of 5 though.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
i am alone but i did had 2 passports but i traveled only 3 times and all pages of pp were clearly stamped. I hope it wont delay more as it is already been 6 months.

How many days it took for you to get the Letter ?

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I sent a single application, had just one passport still it went for secondary review.

I guess it will take another month or two to get your card.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
i am alone but i did had 2 passports but i traveled only 3 times and all pages of pp were clearly stamped. I hope it wont delay more as it is already been 6 months.

How many days it took for you to get the Letter ?
I haven't got the letter yet. My status shows that the letter sent out on January 31.
I called CIC and told me that the letter is about the delay of our application.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canvan003 said:
I sent a single application, had just one passport still it went for secondary review.

I guess it will take another month or two to get your card.
Maybe we are one of unlucky applicants selected for second review. :(

It's ok for me if the delay is only several months... I will be crazy if more than that :'(

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
I haven't got the letter yet. My status shows that the letter sent out on January 31.
I called CIC and told me that the letter is about the delay of our application.
What else is in your Ecas status ? I have a line saying my application for permanent resident card was approved so I am confused why my letter would be a 2nd review if it is already approved ?

Is it same for you ?

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
chinachan said:
Maybe we are one of unlucky applicants selected for second review. :(

It's ok for me if the delay is only several months... I will be crazy if more than that :'(
You are lucky that you can see you status online. I have nothing on my E-CAS. I randomly called CIC to get an update on my application, they said a letter has been sent out to your address on Jan 21, and content of the letter said that it is in secondary review and will cause additional delay. I asked them why its not showing the same in E-CAS? They said we are having some technical difficulty with E-CAS online tool, it will be resolved soon.

However, I have received the letter on 30th January by mail about the secondary review and additional delay. I feel that they will take another month or two to get it done. I have read somewhere in this forum that a guy received his PR Card after 6 weeks from the date of secondary review letter. In total, it took him 7 months to get his card.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
pardesifr said:
What else is in your Ecas status ? I have a line saying my application for permanent resident card was approved so I am confused why my letter would be a 2nd review if it is already approved ?

Is it same for you ?
I suggest that you should call CIC and ask about the exact status of your application.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Canvan003 said:
I suggest that you should call CIC and ask about the exact status of your application.
I will wait couple of days of next week to see if I get the Letter, then I will call. Can you please give me the number you called ?

YOu had approved line too in Ecas ?

Thanks

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
pardesifr said:
I will wait couple of days of next week to see if I get the Letter, then I will call. Can you please give me the number you called ?

YOu had approved line too in Ecas ?

Thanks
You should wait for 14 business days. You may use the following link for contact.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

I have nothing on my e-cas even though I have received secondary review letter. They haven't updated it yet.