+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew visa stamp on passport for child with visitor permit

frankrogerrm

Sep 6, 2023
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this question :

1. Me and my daughter(5) arrived to Canada with the visas stamped in our passports , me with a work visa and she with a visitor one
  2. The stamped visas in our passports expired the same day that the work and visitor permits did, but fortunately I was renewed in my work and I received a new work permit and she got a new visitor permit to remain in Canada
  3. I was able to renew my visa stamp in my passport through the ircc website, however, I cant find an option for my daughter who has a visitor permit to remain in Canada, I tried many ways and the only option that I got is to make an extension to remain in Canada which is a document that she already has.
Do you know the steps or if is possible to Renew the visa in her passport from here(Canada)

Thanks !!!!

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this question :

1. Me and my daughter(5) arrived to Canada with the visas stamped in our passports , me with a work visa and she with a visitor one
  2. The stamped visas in our passports expired the same day that the work and visitor permits did, but fortunately I was renewed in my work and I received a new work permit and she got a new visitor permit to remain in Canada
  3. I was able to renew my visa stamp in my passport through the ircc website, however, I cant find an option for my daughter who has a visitor permit to remain in Canada, I tried many ways and the only option that I got is to make an extension to remain in Canada which is a document that she already has.
Do you know the steps or if is possible to Renew the visa in her passport from here(Canada)

Thanks !!!!
Visa and permit are two different things. Visa allows you to enter Canada and permit allows you to stay. you can have an expired visa but valid permit. My visa expired same time as my SP. But I stayed legally under PGWP.

frankrogerrm

Sep 6, 2023
Visa and permit are two different things. Visa allows you to enter Canada and permit allows you to stay. you can have an expired visa but valid permit. My visa expired same time as my SP. But I stayed legally under PGWP.
Hi there , thanks for your reply , yes I know that they are different , the things is that her visa in her passport expired when her first visitor permit expired … now she has a new visitor permit but I cannot find the way to renew the visa on her passport ,,, all that I can find in the IRCC website is to extend her time in Canada , but we already have her visitor permit

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi there , thanks for your reply , yes I know that they are different , the things is that her visa in her passport expired when her first visitor permit expired … now she has a new visitor permit but I cannot find the way to renew the visa on her passport ,,, all that I can find in the IRCC website is to extend her time in Canada , but we already have her visitor permit
When we applied for TRV in 2021, I just submitted them through my GCKey.

juan008

Jun 5, 2024
@frankrogerrm how did you end up applying? I am in a similar situation with my daughter. Do I have to create an IRCC profile for her? If I login with my account I can't find any option that lets me apply on behalf of my daughter. Please let me know how you proceeded, it would help me a bunch!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@frankrogerrm how did you end up applying? I am in a similar situation with my daughter. Do I have to create an IRCC profile for her? If I login with my account I can't find any option that lets me apply on behalf of my daughter. Please let me know how you proceeded, it would help me a bunch!
Canadian TRVs (visitor visas) are issued with 'expiry' dates that are valid for entry; the leave to remain is usually not stamped but six months unless a shorter period written in. In other words the date is the last day you can enter, not the date you have to leave.

So yes, if you enter on eg July 30 with a TRV that expires July 31, you're good for six months - to December 30 - and no need to do anything. If there's a need to extend, you can do that by applying direct to IRCC.

This info is here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

This may not apply to things like work permits (at least I don't think so, I know very little about work permits).

juan008

Jun 5, 2024
Canadian TRVs (visitor visas) are issued with 'expiry' dates that are valid for entry; the leave to remain is usually not stamped but six months unless a shorter period written in. In other words the date is the last day you can enter, not the date you have to leave.

So yes, if you enter on eg July 30 with a TRV that expires July 31, you're good for six months - to December 30 - and no need to do anything. If there's a need to extend, you can do that by applying direct to IRCC.

This info is here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

This may not apply to things like work permits (at least I don't think so, I know very little about work permits).
Hi Armoured, thank you very much for taking the time to respond but I am not sure I am understanding your response. In my case I am currently in Canada, my wife and I have valid stamped visas on our passports. My daughter who also lives in Canada with us just got approved her visitor visa(that also lets her study since she is a minor). So she has a valid permit tied toour permits, but her visa on her passport is expired. These are my questiosn:
1) What is the procedure to get that visa stamped in her passport just like we did? I can't find any option from my IRCC account.
2) Do I have to create an account for her and apply from there?
3) If that is the case what options do I pick so that I fill out the right forms?
4) Is there a way to do it from my account?

The main reason we need to do is because we want to travel outside Canada. We need her passport to be stamped with the travel visa to be able to re-enter Canada.

Thank you so much for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Armoured, thank you very much for taking the time to respond but I am not sure I am understanding your response. In my case I am currently in Canada, my wife and I have valid stamped visas on our passports. My daughter who also lives in Canada with us just got approved her visitor visa(that also lets her study since she is a minor). So she has a valid permit tied toour permits, but her visa on her passport is expired. These are my questiosn:
1) What is the procedure to get that visa stamped in her passport just like we did? I can't find any option from my IRCC account.
2) Do I have to create an account for her and apply from there?
3) If that is the case what options do I pick so that I fill out the right forms?
4) Is there a way to do it from my account?

The main reason we need to do is because we want to travel outside Canada. We need her passport to be stamped with the travel visa to be able to re-enter Canada.

Thank you so much for your help!
Thought you were asking a different question. Never mind, don't know answer to your q.