+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order is suspended, and Valid work permit, can I leave Canada?

aimanhujazi

Jan 20, 2011
Hi there,
Currently I live in Canada, I have a temporary work permit valid until the end of 2012, was renewed to me for the second time after my refugee claim was given a negative decisions and my removal order was temporary suspended due the security situation in my home country, recently my employer offered to help by giving me a permanent job with higher pay (company treasurer) while I am basically running the company and only report to him weekly, instead of annual contract ends by the expiry date of my work permit that I have to renew every year. which happened to have no problem with that the past three years.
My questions are: If I left Canada to visit my family (Wife & Son) in Egypt (Not my Home country) for a short time like week or two, which I haven't seen them for three years since I came to Canada and claimed refugee protection,
1.will I need to obtain a new work permit?
2.or only obtain Visa to come back to Canada to start my new job with signed contract from my employer to backup my story?
3.or will I be admissible at all?
4.Is it possible that I apply for temporary Visa while I'm still in Canada to avoid the processing time and I wont loose the opportunity is given to me now?

One of the reasons that I want to leave and come back is to change my status from (Unknown or Limbo "I don't really know what my status is now"), basically Im band from everything, I cant bring my family because I don't have status in Canada, to a temporary worker so I can apply for Federal skilled worker later, while I also can't do that now due to my situation even when I have 2 and half years Canadian experience

I made the assumption according to the temporary worker requirements listed on CIC website, basically they need work permit, and I have that so I assume I only need Visa, Im afraid to contact CIC while a friend of mine was deported once he applied to change his status which is the exact same of mine, I personally call it " Limbo Status"

Ill gratefully appreciate any opinion or personal experience

Aymen

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aimanhujazi said:
Hi there,
Currently I live in Canada, I have a temporary work permit valid until the end of 2012, was renewed to me for the second time after my refugee claim was given a negative decisions and my removal order was temporary suspended due the security situation in my home country, recently my employer offered to help by giving me a permanent job with higher pay (company treasurer) while I am basically running the company and only report to him weekly, instead of annual contract ends by the expiry date of my work permit that I have to renew every year. which happened to have no problem with that the past three years.
My questions are: If I left Canada to visit my family (Wife & Son) in Egypt (Not my Home country) for a short time like week or two, which I haven't seen them for three years since I came to Canada and claimed refugee protection,
1.will I need to obtain a new work permit?
2.or only obtain Visa to come back to Canada to start my new job with signed contract from my employer to backup my story?
3.or will I be admissible at all?
4.Is it possible that I apply for temporary Visa while I'm still in Canada to avoid the processing time and I wont loose the opportunity is given to me now?

One of the reasons that I want to leave and come back is to change my status from (Unknown or Limbo "I don't really know what my status is now"), basically Im band from everything, I cant bring my family because I don't have status in Canada, to a temporary worker so I can apply for Federal skilled worker later, while I also can't do that now due to my situation even when I have 2 and half years Canadian experience

I made the assumption according to the temporary worker requirements listed on CIC website, basically they need work permit, and I have that so I assume I only need Visa, Im afraid to contact CIC while a friend of mine was deported once he applied to change his status which is the exact same of mine, I personally call it " Limbo Status"

Ill gratefully appreciate any opinion or personal experience

Aymen
You leave Canada, without status, then there is almost no chance that you will be given a TRV to return.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
My Friend

Please don't even think of leaving Canada now untill
you get everything settled out with the immigration
because, you will have less than 0% chances in returning
back. It will give the much needed excuse to eject you
out of their country.
A word is enough for the wise

Waz

Sep 18, 2011
Sounds like you are from a TSR country. Temporary Suspension of Removal.

Status = None & Subject to an unenforceable removal order

If it has been more than 52 days after receiving your negative IRB decision then your removal order has become a Deportation order. If you leave voluntarily then you would be waiving PRRA and Immigration would confirm your departure. You would require ARC Authorization to Return along with a required VISA if you wished to return to Canada.

If you left without telling Immigration it gets even more complicated.

The Work Permit you have doesn't give you status. Actually it will say "Does not confer Temporary Resident Status" and therefore only give you authorization to work.

aimanhujazi

Jan 20, 2011
Thank you every one for replying, and Thank you Waz, your answer was the most professional answer so far..
Yes I am actually from Iraq which things going deadly there, IRB doesn't generalize situations upon cases, they treat each case individually, and mine was pretty strong or at least that was my lawyer opinion, as I was kidnapped, tortured and paid off a ransom of $50 k, and I was threatened to leave the country in 1 weak or end up killed, So I did, I fled to our neighbor country "Syria" where I found it hard to keep up without getting my education license, so I went secretly back for 2 months, to get my papers done, I didnt go to my house, I went my wife's aunt house and I only left the house once to receive and sign up my documents, then left Iraq again, and since then I never went back and that was 2005.
The IRB Judge felt to argue that short return, and decided that my life is not in danger and I should not be given any protection or status, but attached with the court order another document stating that I shall not leave the country unless voluntarily.... due the dangerous security situation in Iraq!!!!, and my removal order is suspended until further notice or an order from the court.
7 years I have been away from home, family, friends, I lost everything, last time I saw my son he was only crawling now hes grown to be in pre-school in Egypt, thats where my wife and I settled for couple years before I decided to take the chance and come to Canada.
Your answer and so is CIC, literally means it is only my decision to bet on My Wife & Son VS Canada!!! :(
and I wanted Canada for better life, freedom, security and basic human rights for my Son mainly, and of course my wife and I deserve to have a home too, we both educated and successful where ever we go, but we never know when some day will come, and will be kicked out to somewhere else and start over again .. sigh