+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote job

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
You are a physician and the primary applicant, correct? If so, FSW is your only option. You are in a licensed position so I assume you are getting your degree assessed through the Medical Council of Canada. PNPs are not an option because you are not licensed to practice in Canada. Many IMGs who immigrate never practice in Canada. @canuck78 can give advice too.
Right, I'm the primary applicant. So according to this I better work on improving my CRS score with the IELTS test because I've read that candidates for the last draw for FSW had minimum 468 points...
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Right, I'm the primary applicant. So according to this I better work on improving my CRS score with the IELTS test because I've read that candidates for the last draw for FSW had minimum 468 points...
Thank you
There hasn’t been an open draw in almost a year so expect score in 480s for the first draws. People enter the pool daily and it is now known when FSW draws will start again.

Reactions: zd.an

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
I have work experience for 2 years and 9 months. Does it counts like 2 or 3 years in the calculator?

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
Oh ok. So I should wait at least 3 months to make the application. With that I will have +20 points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh ok. So I should wait at least 3 months to make the application. With that I will have +20 points.
You should put in a profile now, if you are eligible. Then in 3 months you will gain more points. You have one year continuous full time experience, correct?

Reactions: zd.an

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
You should put in a profile now, if you are eligible. Then in 3 months you will gain more points. You have one year continuous full time experience, correct?
Yes. All these years are in full time job like a medical doctor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. Thank you for the help. I'm really confused with all these things and a bit excited, so I want to be sure that I won't do a mistake :)
You need the ECA which may take some time. Not sure what MCC processing times are. Are you including your spouse’s points on your application? If so he needs to complete ECAs and IELTs if it increases your score. What country are your from?

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
You need the ECA which may take some time. Not sure what MCC processing times are. Are you including your spouse’s points on your application? If so he needs to complete ECAs and IELTs if it increases your score. What country are your from?
I read that you need around 6 weeks +/- 2 weeks for ECA from MCC. My spouse has taken online courses for his job, but he doesn't have any official college or university diploma. I think that he must try to take IELTS test, he is really good in listening and speaking, but he will need more practice for reading and writing. We're from North Macedonia.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I read that you need around 6 weeks +/- 2 weeks for ECA from MCC. My spouse has taken online courses for his job, but he doesn't have any official college or university diploma. I think that he must try to take IELTS test, he is really good in listening and speaking, but he will need more practice for reading and writing. We're from North Macedonia.
You need to calculate your score with him as accompanying and non accompanying. It may be higher as non accompanying if he doesn't have post secondary education and low IELTS scores.

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
You need to calculate your score with him as accompanying and non accompanying. It may be higher as non accompanying if he doesn't have post secondary education and low IELTS scores.
Can he comes with me in that way?
We also have a kid.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can he comes with me in that way?
We also have a kid.
You need to decide if you want him accompanying (possibly lower CRS score) or non accompanying (possibly higher CRS score). If non accompanying, if you get an invitation, get PR, you move to Canada without him. Once in Canada, you sponsor him to come to Canada. Takes about a year. What is your CRS score?

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
You need to decide if you want him accompanying (possibly lower CRS score) or non accompanying (possibly higher CRS score). If non accompanying, if you get an invitation, get PR, you move to Canada without him. Once in Canada, you sponsor him to come to Canada. Takes about a year. What is your CRS score?
Oh... 404