+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote job

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
Hi. I'm at the beginning (collecting documents) of the application process for immigration through Express Entry. I would like to ask if anyone had a situation like mine. My spouse who will be on the application with me has a remote job. He works from home so it doesn't matter where he lives. Is there any option to mention that on the application? I think that will be big advantage. Thanks :)

Reactions: Divine1017

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I'm at the beginning (collecting documents) of the application process for immigration through Express Entry. I would like to ask if anyone had a situation like mine. My spouse who will be on the application with me has a remote job. He works from home so it doesn't matter where he lives. Is there any option to mention that on the application? I think that will be big advantage. Thanks :)
Who is primary applicant? What stream? A remote job only of benefit if in NOC A, B or 0.

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
I am the primary applicant and I am a physician (NOC A). My spouse is working remote - digital marketing .
Thank you.

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
If you are the primary applicant only his ECA and IELTS are considered unless he is working in Canada.
Right, I'm the primary applicant with higher education but I don't have a job offer. He will do his job in Canada too. So how can I give a proof that he will still do that there and we will have constant inflow of money inspite of our savings (Proof of funds)?
I thought that it has a big impact on the application...:rolleyes:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Right, I'm the primary applicant with higher education but I don't have a job offer. He will do his job in Canada too. So how can I give a proof that he will still do that there and we will have constant inflow of money inspite of our savings (Proof of funds)?
I thought that it has a big impact on the application...:rolleyes:
He is not the primary applicant, you are. Him working remotely in Canada has no bearing on your application. Since you are a physician, I assume you are getting your education assessed through the Medical Council of Canada. What are your plans unless you are licensed?

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
He is not the primary applicant, you are. Him working remotely in Canada has no bearing on your application. Since you are a physician, I assume you are getting your education assessed through the Medical Council of Canada. What are your plans unless you are licensed?
Oh ok.. Thank you.
For sure I will try to work something, no matter what or full/part time, depends of time I will have till I'm licensed. I have plans but we shall see if everything will go that way. I also have relatives there so hope it's an advantage.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh ok.. Thank you.
For sure I will try to work something, no matter what or full/part time, depends of time I will have till I'm licensed. I have plans but we shall see if everything will go that way. I also have relatives there so hope it's an advantage.
What is your CRS score? How will relatives give you an advantage? You will get more CRS points for a sibling. As for family, it depends what province and whether your NOC is eligible.

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
And why then on FSWP calculator there is 5 more points for having a relative in Canada? There is also a question too in the test of eligibility on the website, why?
If you move somewhere isn't an advantage to have family living there? I see things like that, or maybe I just look on the bright side...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And why then on FSWP calculator there is 5 more points for having a relative in Canada? There is also a question too in the test of eligibility on the website, why?
If you move somewhere isn't an advantage to have family living there? I see things like that, or maybe I just look on the bright side...
You get points for eligibility to put your name in the pool. But for CRS points (to get an ITA), it must be a sibling. Once you immigrate, you can live wherever you want. If you are looking at PNP programs you may get extra points for family in that province but your NOC may not be eligible for PNP programs because you are in a licensed profession.

Reactions: zd.an

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
Dear @Naturgrl
Sorry to mention you, I have a question along with my previous ones. What program do you think is good option to try like a physician? My husband didn't take language test, and also doesn't have a university diploma, so because of that I have 400 CRS score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear @Naturgrl
Sorry to mention you, I have a question along with my previous ones. What program do you think is good option to try like a physician? My husband didn't take language test, and also doesn't have a university diploma, so because of that I have 400 CRS score.
Do you mean a Canadian program? You should be looking at Masters program if you are a physician.

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
I mean a good option for immigration. Which one is better, PNP, EE through Federal Skilled Worker or there's something else good for my situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean a good option for immigration. Which one is better, PNP, EE through Federal Skilled Worker or there's something else good for my situation?
You are a physician and the primary applicant, correct? If so, FSW is your only option. You are in a licensed position so I assume you are getting your degree assessed through the Medical Council of Canada. PNPs are not an option because you are not licensed to practice in Canada. Many IMGs who immigrate never practice in Canada. @canuck78 can give advice too.

Reactions: zd.an