+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

relative in canada

msik72

May 2, 2009
hi, one of my uncle , my mother`s first cousin is a canadian national , can i get points for this relationship? kindly guide.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e. parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

looks like first cousins are not in so first cousin once removed (grand child of a great grand parent to you) is not included for points too.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC web-site.

"Family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada)"

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And somebody who is the first cousin of your mother is not your uncle. The brother of your mother is your uncle. First cousin of mother is not related enough to get points for.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
And somebody who is the first cousin of your mother is not your uncle. The brother of your mother is your uncle. First cousin of mother is not related enough to get points for.
JA WOHL!!!