+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative factor for CRS point

fohu

Jul 28, 2016
Hello,

I have a relative who is canadian citizen but for CRS point I dont want to write her since we dont see and talk to each other for many years i mean we dont have any relationship. For this reason actually i dont want to write her but my question is since i have a relative but if i dont write when apply to CIC is it regarded as fraud? Do I have to write "yes i have a relative" there anyway? ::)

Honestly it is good to have more CRS points ;D but i scared if i write her they will contact her which i dont want. Please advise what shoul i do?

Thank you in advance for your help

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fohu said:
Hello,

I have a relative who is canadian citizen but for CRS point I dont want to write her since we dont see and talk to each other for many years i mean we dont have any relationship. For this reason actually i dont want to write her but my question is since i have a relative but if i dont write when apply to CIC is it regarded as fraud? Do I have to write "yes i have a relative" there anyway? ::)

Honestly it is good to have more CRS points ;D but i scared if i write her they will contact her which i dont want. Please advise what shoul i do?

You only have to mention your relative if you want to claim points for her in the initial FSW eligibility criteria (where you have to score 67). You do not score CRS points for Canadian relatives.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
fohu said:
Hello,

It is perfectly fine to say NO to relatives in Canada. Relatives in Canada means any of the following (either for your or spouse).
- parent,
- grandparent,
- child,
- grandchild,
- child of a parent (sibling),
- child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
- grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

You do not get any CRS points for relatives in Canada. However, you get up to 5 points for FSW 67/100 points calculation. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

Please note that if you or spouse claim to have Canadian relatives, you will have to submit documents which shows relationship and also submit documents to show their Canadian PR/citizenship. Unless and until you can get these documents, would suggest to say NO to the question for Canadian relatives.

fohu

Jul 28, 2016
oh ok i think i'm going to say "NO" to this question Thank you all for your kind help