+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship Proof Email & Text Questions

internationalvelvet

Jun 13, 2012
1) Is it okay white out a part of an email and then photocopy it and submit it? Or to draw through part with a black marker? There are some emails that are great relationship proof, however they have a paragraph that would be better not to share, such as plans to move to a different province and find another job which might complicate our application if shared. Wasn't sure if this was allowable or if entire email had to be shared in which case we'd have to skip sharing some of them.

2) Are racy texts bad to print out? We have thousands of texts between us that we're getting ready to print out. There aren't any hardcore "sexting" sorts with graphic descriptions, but there are dozens and dozens of racy/flirtatious texts. We're not sure if it's inappropriate or if it's good proof our relationship is legitimate.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
internationalvelvet said:
1) Is it okay white out a part of an email and then photocopy it and submit it? Or to draw through part with a black marker? There are some emails that are great relationship proof, however they have a paragraph that would be better not to share, such as plans to move to a different province and find another job which might complicate our application if shared. Wasn't sure if this was allowable or if entire email had to be shared in which case we'd have to skip sharing some of them.

2) Are racy texts bad to print out? We have thousands of texts between us that we're getting ready to print out. There aren't any hardcore "sexting" sorts with graphic descriptions, but there are dozens and dozens of racy/flirtatious texts. We're not sure if it's inappropriate or if it's good proof our relationship is legitimate.
You'd be better off skipping emails rather than tampering with them.

I think even racy texts should be included. It's not like they won't have seen them before and it shows intimacy in your relationship, which is normal.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Visa officers are humans afterall and can be biased despite the nature of their job. I would be selective about the type of racy texts to send.

naazz

May 3, 2013
I recently had an interview two weeks ago, they requested the proof of development of relationship etc etc, i put great effort in printing everything from emails, whatsapp chat, facebook etc etc but they didnt bother to see any of them or any original documents they requested. the interview was very pleasant and smooth.

its better if you go with your spouse all they want to see is you two are together and the relationship is genuine.

They dont just want to see that you are talking dirty etc etc they also would like to see how you behave in normal life. what you are planning to do in Canada have taken any initiatives etc.

so just realx and print out the emails what you think are appropriate if you dont want to show something just do not print rather then tempering with them which will not be good.

and dont worry interview will be just fine just do not panic or give any stupid answers. they are trained officers and they can judge by their experience and training. just be normal casual and be your self smile and eye contact.

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Tempering emails definitely not a good idea. But for the text it might work or might not. I don't know if you are collecting this for sending with application or going for interview. But ifs its interview, its all depends on individual case. They can ask for anything and you cannot say I have that paper at home. If you do then they might ask for it which will add 2-3 months to application time. So its best idea to bring as much as possible with you, they usually don't see it but who knows.

In my interview, they wanted to see my education documents which they didn't mentioned in the interview letter. I would have never knew( after all its spousal application not point system) and never carry those education documents if I didn't order GCMS notes. And that helped thats the first thing she asked for. GCMS gave me the idea about whats going on with my application.

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just get a screen shot, of your inbox, displaying emails between the two of you, then print it out and yal should be fine with that. They just want to know if yal stay in contact using email, they don't need to know every detail or conversation that yal had in each email ever sent or received. I did that with my emails, but for instant messages via Skype and MSN, i went through the whole transcript and deleted things that were in appropriate, this spanned over a couple years. I then shrinked it down to 50 pages double sided. So that they can have a option of seeing what we talk about that i was comfortable sharing with them. Again though the main idea is to prove that we do communicate, that's it. Edit everything before you print if you can, but if you cant, dont worry about it. Do all you can but dont stress too much on this.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
You know what I didn't even send any emails or texts/phone records ( Inland app ). I see my partner everyday so we don't talk on the phone/internet for hours a day.
I don't think I need to print of years of phone/text logs we haven't spent much time apart a week here & there we have skype history but we didn't send that.
I think as long as you have solid proof your relationship is genuine they won't deny you.
-I sent & bank statement with both our names on it with highlighted transactions showing car insurance payments & telus internet bill
payments
-Rental leases
-facebook profiles with our relationship status
-Photos of us doing activities together snowboarding & skiing, hikes, new years parties, halloween
-2x notarised letters from friends saying our relationship is genuine & continuing

If I get called in for a interview I'm not worried cause I know that our relationship is genuine & we will answer & the officers questions.
I wouldn't stress too much of the emails & txt's keep it simple & give the solid proof don't make too much work for the vo's

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
nsr said:
Tempering emails definitely not a good idea. But for the text it might work or might not. I don't know if you are collecting this for sending with application or going for interview. But ifs its interview, its all depends on individual case. They can ask for anything and you cannot say I have that paper at home. If you do then they might ask for it which will add 2-3 months to application time. So its best idea to bring as much as possible with you, they usually don't see it but who knows.

In my interview, they wanted to see my education documents which they didn't mentioned in the interview letter. I would have never knew( after all its spousal application not point system) and never carry those education documents if I didn't order GCMS notes. And that helped thats the first thing she asked for. GCMS gave me the idea about whats going on with my application.

What Did your GCMS notes say abt education background. Sorry for asking, but my husband is going for an interview also. And I wasn't aware he should bring his education documents.

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
PC0827 said:
What Did your GCMS notes say abt education background. Sorry for asking, but my husband is going for an interview also. And I wasn't aware he should bring his education documents.
I studied in Canada, thats why. If your husband never been to canada, he should not need that.