+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship mean during single or marriage?

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Please, I hope somebody can help me this interpretation about the IMM5490E:

In the section MAINTAINING CONTACT, in the questions 24-25-26, ask me about the visits and my communication during my relationship.

I don't understand the word "relationship" mean my relationship before the marriage or during my marriage??

Before this questions there are sections about my relation before marriage and also about the marriage.

I confused.

Thank you very much

Rocio Lopez

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
I just opened our forms that we sent, we filled these questions for after marriage relationship.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Thank you very, very much again for your help and attention. Really.

Ohh then, this section the "relationship" mean the relationship during marriage relationship.

24. Has your sponsor visited during the period of your relationship?
25. Have you visited your sponsor during the period of your relationship?
26. How do you sponsor communicate when you are not together?

Is a little ambiguous that section, then is directed when the spouses are married, but are not living together?

Thank very much, really this questions is very special, jejeje

Rocio Lopez

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
You are welcome.
Yes assuming that the applicant is not living in Canada with the sponsor that is why these questions are asked.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
I understand now is very clear, then this is during the period of marriage. Thank you very much for your answer, really helped me. With this clarification I can continue.
This question was about to do evil, until I got to thinking.

I hope this question can read another person that had the same doubt.

Thank you very much indeed, will continue :)

My gratitude

Rocio Lopez

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
They want to know how you communicated throughout your relationship. Not just your marriage. You need to explain how you communicated and got to know each other while dating, boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged, and married. Some people apply immediately after getting married, so it doesn't make sense to only mention after you were married.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Clear understand, in the case about the question 24

24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?

Then, in this question. Can I describe and put pictures about the trip that my sponsor did when we still no married?. It was when he went to talk with my parents to ask our commitment.

But this point, about this travel, too can I write in the next question because belongs to DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
9. Describe how your relationship developed after your first contact/meeting with your sponsor (...).

I confused again, now about this 24, jejej

Thank you very much really for the clarification.

Rocio Lopez

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ROCIO LIVELY said:
I understand now is very clear, then this is during the period of marriage.
That is completely wrong. It applies to the WHOLE of your relationship from the time that you started considering yourselves a couple, not just the time after you married.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
IFF you see and read that particular form LOGICALLY, you will get that part. I gave correct info based on logical reading and understanding of the form.
It starts with WHEN/WHERE YOU MET. Page 1
Then it asks about the development of the relationship. Page 2
Then It asks about your marriage and all that happened. Page 3
Then it asks about maintaining of relationship (After marriage when sponsor is in CA and applicant is not with him,her). Page 5.

The form is going step by step, from your date of meeting to date of sponsor left for CA after marriage (I am talking about a normal wedding not about the CL/Conjugal etc)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
handsup said:
IFF you see and read that particular form LOGICALLY, you will get that part. I gave correct info based on logical reading and understanding of the form.
It starts with WHEN/WHERE YOU MET. Page 1
Then it asks about the development of the relationship. Page 2
Then It asks about your marriage and all that happened. Page 3
Then it asks about maintaining of relationship (After marriage when sponsor is in CA and applicant is not with him,her). Page 5.

The form is going step by step, from your date of meeting to date of sponsor left for CA after marriage (I am talking about a normal wedding not about the CL/Conjugal etc)
Having successfully sponsored my partner AND having advised on this site for many years, it's safe to say that I've seen and read (and filled out) that form.

If you read the form, you'll note that common-law applicants (WHICH MEANS THEY ARE NOT MARRIED) skip the married section and go straight to question 20. They then answer questions 24-26. So if your "logic" applies, why is CIC asking for this information from people who aren't married? These forms are made to be generic because they apply to people in all sorts of situations.

It's pretty basic common sense. "Relationship" DOES NOT mean "married". It refers to time as bf or gf, engaged, common-law and married. If they only wanted the info after marriage, they would have used the word marriage instead of relationship.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
handsup / canuck_in_uk:

Thank a lot for your response and interpretation, this question really has much analysis and makes stop and think.
However, both positions have logic and I believe in the two interpretations, then I think I'll do next. I will expand with details of that trip (before we married) in question 9, and then down the question 24, this trip, I will mention only as reference. I hope that in this way, with both positions together, all this ok.
I appreciate it, yes in this question make think long...

My gratitude, I hope you have helped more people with this case.

Rocio Lopez

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Just fill it out as though it is a timeline of your relationship :) Show how you met, and maintained contact before and after you were married.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Op is married and things are told while keening the situation in mind, I have written in my post clearly that I am NOT talking about CL/conjugal. My case is also successful with all what I ve told.

BUT Hard Heads never accept the LOGIC..

Wish OP best of luck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
handsup said:
Op is married and things are told while keening the situation in mind, I have written in my post clearly that I am NOT talking about CL/conjugal. My case is also successful with all what I ve told.

BUT Hard Heads never accept the LOGIC..
Your post is not logical and you provided bad advice. I've seen other posts of yours where you've provided wrong advice and have argued with those who clearly know much more about this process than you. That is why you have a +20/-20 rating (by the way, downvoting me because you didn't like being wrong was childish). Understand that when you post about something that you don't really know anything about, you can NEGATIVELY affect people's applications. If you can't take that seriously, then you shouldn't be posting.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Good afternoon
As I mentioned before, I am very grateful with the two versions that I received, both have logic, both members have had good result in their process.
Every response is important, for this reason I invoke listen to all versions and avoid in the possible offend the goodwill to participants. All of you are valuable and have a success in this process to share with people like me who we are starting.
Please we be careful with peers who just wanted to give advise in based on their experience. We are here for a cause, with respect and peace.

Thank you very much, really

Rocio Lively