+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship Manager (banking)

Waqas87

Jun 20, 2017
Dear all
Need help in NOC identification. I am a Relationship Manager at a bank in consumer banking group. My main duties are
-deposit mobilization (opening new individual and business accounts for deposit)
-cross sell of bancassurance and mutual funds
-KYC update
-AML alert handling
-providing on the job training to personal bankers
-sale of running finance
-handling customer queries and ensure timely resolution of customer complaints.
-Preparing and submission of custimer applications to the branch senior management for approval.
And a few more.

My question is do i fall in NOC 6235?
Are my duties similar and matching to noc 6235?
Should i go ahead and apply? I am still in doubt.
As per cic NOC 6235 (financial sales representative) duties are:
  • Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
  • Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
  • Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
  • Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
  • Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
  • Complete credit and loan documentation
  • Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
  • Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
  • Review and update credit and loan files
  • Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.

Waland

Apr 22, 2017
Dear all
Need help in NOC identification. I am a Relationship Manager at a bank in consumer banking group. My main duties are
-deposit mobilization (opening new individual and business accounts for deposit)
-cross sell of bancassurance and mutual funds
-KYC update
-AML alert handling
-providing on the job training to personal bankers
-sale of running finance
-handling customer queries and ensure timely resolution of customer complaints.
-Preparing and submission of custimer applications to the branch senior management for approval.
And a few more.

My question is do i fall in NOC 6235?
Are my duties similar and matching to noc 6235?
Should i go ahead and apply? I am still in doubt.
As per cic NOC 6235 (financial sales representative) duties are:
  • Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
  • Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
  • Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
  • Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
  • Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
  • Complete credit and loan documentation
  • Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
  • Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
  • Review and update credit and loan files
  • Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.
I am Relationship manager in Commercial Banking and I'm going to apply with NOC 1114 Other financial officers

Waqas87

Jun 20, 2017
I am Relationship manager in Commercial Banking and I'm going to apply with NOC 1114 Other financial officers
If your job duties match, you are good to go.
I on the other hand am still confused as i am not sure if my duties match. I need opinions on my JDs and the JDs described in NOC 6235

Waqas87

Jun 20, 2017
My bank has not yet started personal loans as a product. They have plans of implementing it in a few days but it is not a part of my job duties. Sale of running finance (credit line) on the otger hand is a part of my JDs.