+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection of Visitor visa/ weird officer's note

Oct 27, 2023
How about the nomination? I feel lost when I started looking at that issue? How people get a nomination I have rewd I need a job offer and others say the provinces select you and surprisingly you beome a +600 candidate

Sorry for my many Qs I have nothing in my head other than the exam. I need to finish it within the next 18 months or my previous steps (exams) will expire. 3 yrs work and 6K CAD will evaporate

The examination body issues an invitation letter to the immigration authority and when I asked them about the visa type they answered with a visitor visa. Away from how the IRCC judge me, I am coming not for work. I am coming to take an exam then leave. After success, I wont be able to practice I will need to do more tests then a license then I will apply for a job or a PR .. whatever.... so I am not a worker.

A side note: a ligitmate worker has a TRV the same of visitor as I understand.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
The examination body issues an invitation letter to the immigration authority and when I asked them about the visa type they answered with a visitor visa. Away from how the IRCC judge me, I am coming not for work. I am coming to take an exam then leave. After success, I wont be able to practice I will need to do more tests then a license then I will apply for a job or a PR .. whatever.... so I am not a worker.

A side note: a ligitmate worker has a TRV the same of visitor as I understand.
Note that visa and permits are two different things. A visa allows you to enter Canada and permits (work or study) allows you to stay longer and work or study.

Reactions: mohammed_ss11v

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about the nomination? I feel lost when I started looking at that issue? How people get a nomination I have rewd I need a job offer and others say the provinces select you and surprisingly you beome a +600 candidate

Sorry for my many Qs I have nothing in my head other than the exam. I need to finish it within the next 18 months or my previous steps (exams) will expire. 3 yrs work and 6K CAD will evaporate
You really need to research a) Express Entry and see if eligible and what your score is, and b) select the province you would like to live in. Most PNPs are being revamped (e.g. Alberta) but you can look at eligibility. You would have done some research before starting the licensing process to know about eligibility to work and for PR. Most people focus on PR first and licensing once in Canada. You are doing it backwards.

You are also coming in at a time when the government is cracking down on LMIAs and limiting immigration. I believe you are a pharmacist so have a better chance of PR than most, if that was your intention when you started this journey.
[/QUOTE]

Canada has a surplus of pharmacists in most regions so unless you’re fluent in French it has become much more difficult to get PR as a pharmacist.