+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejecting an ITA

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I guess it all comes down to this (for me at least):

If you put down certain education and foreign work experience in your EE profile, then you were awarded points based on that information.

When receiving an ITA, say under CEC, you dont provide the proof of the education and/or letters of reference for your foreign work experience - I assume one of two things could happen:

1) your application is refused based on lack of information - even though your eligibility for the economic class is still good, and you have to apply again

2) any points awarded for those missing bits of information are deducted from your score. If you then fall below the threshold for your particular draw your application is thrown out and you have to apply again

The question is, would #1 happen or #2 - because I could survive with a points reduction to my profile and avoid having to re-apply

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
lotusEsp said:
I guess it all comes down to this (for me at least):

If you put down certain education and foreign work experience in your EE profile, then you were awarded points based on that information.

When receiving an ITA, say under CEC, you dont provide the proof of the education and/or letters of reference for your foreign work experience - I assume one of two things could happen:

1) your application is refused based on lack of information - even though your eligibility for the economic class is still good, and you have to apply again

2) any points awarded for those missing bits of information are deducted from your score. If you then fall below the threshold for your particular draw your application is thrown out and you have to apply again

The question is, would #1 happen or #2 - because I could survive with a points reduction to my profile and avoid having to re-apply
I believe they will follow #1. Otherwise everyone will become so lazy when they are wiring their EE profiles and a lot of ineligible applications will become on the plate of CIC.
Guys,
in brief if you have education or work experience that you cannot support using CIC required documents then just don't mention it in your EE profile

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
I know this is an old thread, but it deals with my situation perfectly.

Here's the dilemma.

If i reject my current ITA, and my recalculated score is STILL above the cut-off, will i be issued another ITA immediately? or do i have to wait for the next draw regardless?

It's a catch 22! :eek:

Thanks!