+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejecting an ITA

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I think I made a mistake on my EE application and am thinking about rejecting my ITA for CEC and dropping back in the pool.
So, if I did drop back into the pool. how long might I have to wait to be picked up again?

Basically I've just noticed something about foreign work experience:

It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation
well mine wasnt, i was basically freelancing in a bunch of places for between a month an a year contracts in a few different areas of the same industry. Some doing the work, others being more a consultant

I have a score of 900 with an LMIA job offer so I would hope to get picked for an ITA again - but do they exclude you for a round or two? or could I be picked in the very next round?

The reason I am worried, is that my current work permit runs out in 3 months.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
I think I made a mistake on my EE application and am thinking about rejecting my ITA for CEC and dropping back in the pool.
So, if I did drop back into the pool. how long might I have to wait to be picked up again?

well mine wasnt, i was basically freelancing in a bunch of places for between a month an a year contracts in a few different areas of the same industry. Some doing the work, others being more a consultant

I have a score of 900 with an LMIA job offer so I would hope to get picked for an ITA again - but do they exclude you for a round or two? or could I be picked in the very next round?

Actually, I dont think you should have rejected your ITA. The actua EEl form doesnt ask this question. It just asks you to report all your foreign work experience. Its a CRS tool where that is mentioned. As long as you reported your experience correctly and honestly, as in with correct dates, it shouldnt have been a problem.

Regarding when you'll get ITA, I think you would probably get it in the next draw.

cotedes

Mar 6, 2015
CIC Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool

6) Work Experience

i. How many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

is it right? no. 1 and 2 The order is reversed. ( The work experience in Canada should be contnuous.)

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
thanks

the other reason for considering rejecting is having to get letters of reference from all past employers around the world. Even though foreign experience doesn't count for CEC applications - I did get my EE score from it.
So CIC have told me that I still need to provide proof of all foreign work experience declared in my original EE profile - which is outrageous because I went back and recalculated my score without any foreign experience and its still quite high (860) so it shouldn't really affect my application

but I could well get rejected because I wont be able to get letters of reference from all my previous jobs - its just not feasible to do this.

cotedes

Mar 6, 2015
lotusEsp said:
thanks

the other reason for considering rejecting is having to get letters of reference from all past employers around the world. Even though foreign experience doesn't count for CEC applications - I did get my EE score from it.
So CIC have told me that I still need to provide proof of all foreign work experience declared in my original EE profile - which is outrageous because I went back and recalculated my score without any foreign experience and its still quite high (860) so it shouldn't really affect my application

but I could well get rejected because I wont be able to get letters of reference from all my previous jobs - its just not feasible to do this.

yes. I think if you got point from foreign work experience you need document from ex-employer.
But. I have a question.
we need to write all history for ten years. But we don't need evidentary documents(letters of reference) for that?
(I have same problem, I can't contact my ex-employers. But I reported tax at that time.)

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
lotusEsp said:

Yes. You can decline the ita, and get back to the pool immediately
without negative effect. We just did it last week, noticing a mistake in our profile right before submitting the application. But you probably still need put all your foreign work experiences in your aplication. I am not an expert but I assume you need account for all your work experiences in the past 10 years.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
cotedes said:
yes. I think if you got point from foreign work experience you need document from ex-employer.
But. I have a question.
we need to write all history for ten years. But we don't need evidentary documents(letters of reference) for that?
(I have same problem, I can't contact my ex-employers. But I reported tax at that time.)
yes you do! thats the whole stupid problem. Tax returns & paystubs are only for your canadian experience. You need letters of reference from all your foreign work history.

This is direct from CIC:

If you choose to accept the invitation, you must provide supporting documents as part of your application for permanent residence. For example, you indicated foreign work experience and received points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for this foreign work experience; therefore, you must validate this information by providing supporting documents (such as employment records and reference letters).

The Employment Record refers to your work experience in Canada, which you may provide a “Record of Employment (ROE)” that was issued by a former Canadian employer, letter(s) of reference from your current and past employers, a copy of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency, or a copy of the employment authorization. If providing your tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to protect this personal information.

The Offer of Employment is your offer of permanent, non-seasonal full-time employment from a Canadian employer.

The Letter of Employment is a reference letter from all the employers you had indicated in your profile (Canadian and foreign work experience). The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates the you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and the your annual salary plus benefits.

These letters should be an official document printed on company letterhead and must include the your name; the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address); and the name, title and signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.
personally I think CIC is asking for too much information/conditions now - particularly in the last two paragraphs and especially the last.

If I'd have applied this time last year I wouldnt have had to worry about any of this :(

cotedes

Mar 6, 2015
I thnk you need to decline now and wait next draw. I think you can apply BOWP in 3months.(you have enough point..)

And..
"For example, you indicated foreign work experience and received points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for this foreign work experience;"
It means ... If we don't get point from foreign expereince, we don't need to submit thoese documents? Even though we write in 10 years history?

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:

Hi,

I know from my own experience (deleted myCIC profile accidently after getting an ITA in second draw, had to create new mycic and EE profile, got invited in the third draw) so you can get selected again in the next draw if you refuse your ITA, but I dont think you need too.

Any related Work experience is the important part there isnt any indication for when. And also when you get to your work history it says
"Use the modify or delete button if you want to change a job that you have already saved to the list"
So if you cant provide references for some of them by my logic you can delete those work experiences and you might lose points, but as long as your score isnt lower than the minimum of the points in your draw you should be fine, maybe an explanation letter needed. And I got 26 points for my foreigner experience, but doesnt say for which ones.
Im actually in the same situation lived in 3 different countries and just cant get in contact with some of my employers. So Im planning to call CIC tomorrow. Im gonna share here what they say, and maybe even you could contact them before you decide to delete your profile.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
personal history (is different from work history): all your activities (travel, work, education) in the last ten years, no need for documents important not to leave a gap, I know someone who got her application returned, becuase she left a gap.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Panka79 said:
personal history (is different from work history): all your activities (travel, work, education) in the last ten years, no need for documents important not to leave a gap, I know someone who got her application returned, becuase she left a gap.
thats not quite correct now.

Basically, everything you put down in your original Express Entry profile has to be backed up with documented proof. Even if the programme class you are applying under (i.e. CEC) doesnt require it.

so. because I put down what education I have in my EE profile, I was awarded points from that. So now I have an ITA under CEC which doesnt have any education requirements, I STILL need to provide proof of my education to back up my original score.

it's crap is what it is

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
thats not quite correct now.

Basically, everything you put down in your original Express Entry profile has to be backed up with documented proof. Even if the programme class you are applying under (i.e. CEC) doesnt require it.

so. because I put down what education I have in my EE profile, I was awarded points from that. So now I have an ITA under CEC which doesnt have any education requirements, I STILL need to provide proof of my education to back up my original score.

it's crap is what it is
for the education if you got points yes. but personal history, just about your life, they wants to know what you've been up to kinda like in the form (Imm5669) and needs proof only if they ask for some. we dont get points for anything in that, its more like background check

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Panka79 said:
for the education if you got points yes. but personal history, just about your life, they wants to know what you've been up to kinda like in the form (Imm5669) and needs proof only if they ask for some. we dont get points for anything in that, its more like background check
I'm just telling you what CIC emailed to me, as a direct response to me asking the question.

Anything they used to calculate your score in EE needs to be documented whether it counts towards your PR application or not.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I have a question, one of my former employers, for whom I worked about 6 years ago, has provided me with the reference letter mentioning my duties, date of employment and designation, etc. However, the letter does not mention my salary, for some reason, they were shy from mentioning that in the reference letter. I couldn't ask for further amendments and favors since noone remaining in the company knows me personally.

Nevertheless, I have still got my original "signed" and "company stamped" contract which mentions all details about my salary, working hours, location, probationary period, etc. Do you guys think together these two documents would be enough?

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
In the Canadian Gazette for Express Entry or when we make our profile , it never mentions that our foreign work experience should be in 1 occupation only. It is written that it should be under NOC O A and B.
But when you check your points at CRS calculation on CIC site, it says one occupation only.
When I made my profile online it gave me full points even for occupations in different NOC's. This is really confusing, is anybody else facing the same problem.