+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Due to Sending Updated Job Letter After Applying

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
I am a Sept 2012 applicant. I sent in my information and was looking over my information this past march. I relized that my job letter was sort of vague.

Because of this I resent in a new Job letter because I was worried that the officer would not fully understand the duties listed. This is my rejection response I got today.

-----
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 6552 & NOC 1241

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) based on the information provided. In support of your paid work experience you provided an employment letter from XXXXX Corporation dated 16/01/12 along with a copy of your position profile with the company. You subsequently provided an additional employment letter from XXX Corporation dated 01/03/13, the contents of which differed substantially from the employment information that was on file. From the information provided I am not satisfied that you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill level type of 0 or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained your Canadian educational credential.

---

I sent back this email. I doubt I will get a response.

---

Good Morning,

I appreciate your response.

The initial job letter I had sent was vague and also didnt full cover my duties and also my full duration of employment. I was worried this may be a problem for the officer assessing it so I resent a new job letter that fully detailed my duties and my job full job duration.

I spoke to the CIC when I called and they said sending in a new letter was fine with update information.

I would like to appeal this decision if possible. I have 2 years work experience and a 3 year diploma.

Let me know what steps I can take.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best bet is to reapply.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Sorry to hear this.

provided an employment letter from XXXXX Corporation dated 16/01/12 along with a copy of your position profile with the company

From what I read and understand - did you provide two letters initially - one reference letter and separate write up on duties & responsibilities. Was it not contained in one single letter ?

you subsequently provided an additional employment letter from XXX Corporation dated 01/03/13, the contents of which differed substantially from the employment information that was on file.
So in 2013, you submitted a fresh employment letter.

Will it be possible for you to paste the content of these two letters (which the VO says differs) deleting all the confidential / person info ?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Mel P said:
I am a Sept 2012 applicant. I sent in my information and was looking over my information this past march. I relized that my job letter was sort of vague.

Because of this I resent in a new Job letter because I was worried that the officer would not fully understand the duties listed. This is my rejection response I got today.

-----
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 6552 & NOC 1241

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) based on the information provided. In support of your paid work experience you provided an employment letter from XXXXX Corporation dated 16/01/12 along with a copy of your position profile with the company. You subsequently provided an additional employment letter from XXX Corporation dated 01/03/13, the contents of which differed substantially from the employment information that was on file. From the information provided I am not satisfied that you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill level type of 0 or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained your Canadian educational credential.

---

I sent back this email. I doubt I will get a response.

---

Good Morning,

I appreciate your response.

The initial job letter I had sent was vague and also didnt full cover my duties and also my full duration of employment. I was worried this may be a problem for the officer assessing it so I resent a new job letter that fully detailed my duties and my job full job duration.

I spoke to the CIC when I called and they said sending in a new letter was fine with update information.

I would like to appeal this decision if possible. I have 2 years work experience and a 3 year diploma.

Let me know what steps I can take.
sorry about ur rejection but it still makes me wonder because the AOR letter said to update them with information. Did u provide the written explanation of why ur sending such a letter??? like the other member suggests, u can share those letters with us so that seniors will better assist u. BTW, was the first letter dated 16th of January 2012???

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
This is what was changed. Sorry about the typos frustrated a little bit. Some duties were reworded for clarification and Some duties were added that weren't there before because i thought they weren't important but later realized later that importance of including every single one of your duties.

This is under the admin assistant NOC

• Respond to client inquires; help process registrations/payments; deliver quotes to clients.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions through CRM system
• Help maintain vendor course listings with up to date and accurate (dates, descriptions,
prices, availability, etc) information. Inform staff of any important changes or additional
information provided by vendors.
• Maintain the MS Employ information
• Manage other websites
Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us,

----

-Respond to telephone and email inquiries from client and business partners
-Help Process client registrations and payments
-Preparation, proofreading and delivery of quotes to clients
-Keep records of customer interactions and transactions through CRM system
-Help maintain vendor course listings
-Inform staff of any important changes and updates by vendors
-Forwards telephone calls and emails to individuals or department
-Receive and greet visitors and direct to appropriate person
-Train new employees in regards to office procedure and website functions
-Notify staff of appointments and meetings
-Management of other company websites

---
IMO i thought the new letter replaces the old letter. So i have to apply all over again just so I can use a new letter.

Is there a appeal system?

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
Sorry to hear that.

I think the visa officer concerned your skilled work length.
I want to focus this from your rejection letter.

"From the information provided I am not satisfied that you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill level type of 0 or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained your Canadian educational credential."

So, I think you need to confirm the length of your work after you have obtained your Canadian educational credential.
It should be twelve months in the last twenty-four months after you have obtained your credential.

I just wonder that when you have obtained your Canadian educational credential and the date you have started and ended your 1st and 2nd jobs.

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
They are the same job. I only worked at one company and it was 2 years. My work permit was from March. 2009 - 2012 I think I have to check and I worked at the company from March 2010 to May 2012 (between March and May of 2012 I was under implied status.) So I have more than enough job experience. I worked 40 Hours.

I did a 3 year program and only need 1 year experience. I am well over the mark.

After further combing his email. I believe the mistake is this.

With the new job letter, he thinks I change positions in the company, from a unskilled NOC to a skilled noc. Which is why he says "NOC 6552 & NOC 1241"

I put 6552 in my initial application but when I sent in a new job letter. I sent a updated application changing my NOC to 1241 because I realized that with my full duties and after speaking with HRSDC that most closely represents my NOC.

The officer then now thinks since I am newly positioned in 1241, I do not have enough experience but really I was in the NOC 1241 from the very beginning I just filled the application wrong. Initially hence the confusion.

So when I sent in the updated forms instead of using them as the REPLACEMENTS they consider them to be ADDITIONS to my application.

That's how I interpret it anyway. I emailed them back clarifying in hopes of a reconsideration and I also have a meeting with a lawyer about making a formal appeal on Monday.

Thank you for pointing that out Koz. I believe the rejection is due to that misunderstanding.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Mel P said:
They are the same job. I only worked at one company and it was 2 years. My work permit was from March. 2009 - 2012 I think I have to check and I worked at the company from March 2010 to May 2012 (between March and May of 2012 I was under implied status.) So I have more than enough job experience. I worked 40 Hours.

I did a 3 year program and only need 1 year experience. I am well over the mark.

After further combing his email. I believe the mistake is this.

With the new job letter, he thinks I change positions in the company, from a unskilled NOC to a skilled noc. Which is why he says "NOC 6552 & NOC 1241"

I put 6552 in my initial application but when I sent in a new job letter. I sent a updated application changing my NOC to 1241 because I realized that with my full duties and after speaking with HRSDC that most closely represents my NOC.

The officer then now thinks since I am newly positioned in 1241, I do not have enough experience but really I was in the NOC 1241 from the very beginning I just filled the application wrong. Initially hence the confusion.

So when I sent in the updated forms instead of using them as the REPLACEMENTS they consider them to be ADDITIONS to my application.

That's how I interpret it anyway. I emailed them back clarifying in hopes of a reconsideration and I also have a meeting with a lawyer about making a formal appeal on Monday.

Thank you for pointing that out Koz. I believe the rejection is due to that misunderstanding.
if u didn't provide them the written explanation of why ur sending such a letter, that must have created the misunderstanding. my advice is to reapply under the new rule and stick on one NOC.

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
I did send a email of explanation and also when I couried it I had a explanation.
----------
Here is the email Explanation
--------------

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sending this letter to make a correction to my Canadian Experience Class application. For my NOC Code I wanted to ensure that it is 1241.

If it is not 1241 I would like it change to that NOC Code, because after further review and inquiring with noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca, that position more closely resembled my job duties.

I have attached a new IMM0008 form.

Along with an updated NOC Code, I am sending an updated job letter since the one prior lacked some details such as the full duration of my employment and job duties that were not mentioned on the previous letter.

I would also like to note that for my job experience, the time I worked from Mar.2012 - May 2012, though my work permit was expired I was under Implied Status awaiting an LMO Decision which I received in May.

Do I also need to courier the updated forms or is this email sufficient?

-----------
They then said I would need to mail them the forms. So I mailed the forms and a explanation as to why.

The explanation letter that was couriered said this
-----------

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sending this letter to make a correction to my Canadian Experience Class application. For my NOC
Code I wanted to ensure that it is 1241.

If it is not 1241 I would like it change to that NOC Code, because after further review and inquiring with
noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca, that position more closely resembled my job duties.

I have attached a new IMM0008 form.

Along with an updated NOC Code, I am sending an updated job letter since the one prior lacked some
details such as the full duration of my employment and job duties that were not mentioned on the
previous letter.

I would also like to note that for my job experience, the time I worked from Mar.2012 – May 2012,
though my work permit was expired I was under Implied Status awaiting an LMO Decision which I
received in May.

If there are any issues with this, please don't hesistate to ask.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It will seem you wrote NOC 6552 in the initial application which is unskilled and based on the main duties you provided at the time, the officer agrees that it fits that NOC code.
Then you provided an updated letter and the duties seemed to match NOC 1241 which is skilled - this is why the officer says the duties differ substantially.

It seems the error you made was in not providing a detailed employment letter and choosing the wrong NOC code. Good to speak with a lawyer, but I doubt it will make a difference. In the meantime, re-apply under new rules while you wait for re-consideration/appeal process.

You can also send your main duties to HRDSC and ask them to confirm the NOC code, and include their response in your application package.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mel P, very sorry to hear about your rejection. As you rightly said, instead of considering the new application form which you sent with the new letter as updated, they would have considered it as an additional form. But I am a little surprised as to how can they consider the updated application form as an additional form when the dates on both the application forms are the same....DO you agree?

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
It will seem you wrote NOC 6552 in the initial application which is unskilled and based on the main duties you provided at the time, the officer agrees that it fits that NOC code.
Then you provided an updated letter and the duties seemed to match NOC 1241 which is skilled - this is why the officer says the duties differ substantially.

It seems the error you made was in not providing a detailed employment letter and choosing the wrong NOC code. Good to speak with a lawyer, but I doubt it will make a difference. In the meantime, re-apply under new rules while you wait for re-consideration/appeal process.

You can also send your main duties to HRDSC and ask them to confirm the NOC code, and include their response in your application package.
I sent a letter of explanation along with the forms and job letter. To be rejected based on a updated forms, would imply that you are unable to send a correct job letter and NOC form then. If that is the case it shouldnt be stated that you can send update forms after applying.

I agree I made a mistake initially I am human but I sent corrected forms that were added to my file long before the decision was made. I sent my duties to HRSDC which is why initially prompted me to change my noc and send the forms. I still have the email reply form them stating I am more closely related to 1241.

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Mel P, very sorry to hear about your rejection. As you rightly said, instead of considering the new application form which you sent with the new letter as updated, they would have considered it as an additional form. But I am a little surprised as to how can they consider the updated application form as an additional form when the dates on both the application forms are the same....DO you agree?

The new IM0008 form i sent was dated for Feb/Mar/2013 along with the new job letter I had my employer draft, because that was when it was written and signed.

I assume I can not date the form and job letter to 2012 like the previous letter and IM0008 because that would be intentionally falsifying information because that is not when I filled the application and received the letter.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you mention the same employment dates on both the new and old IMM0008 forms?