+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected because of NBI Clearance

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
Hi Guys,

I thought my case was special since I got rejected because of a simple mistake which is the lack of NBI Clearance which was not clearly not stated online and checklist which I followed everything to point.

I just submitted another application today (July 11) and I need the visa around August 27(Freshmen Orientation), considering I am already done with other requirements like Medical.

Should I be worried? Considering that the normal process is 2 months, I visited the embassy in Manila and told me that my application will go back to square one even though the only difference is that I have an NBI Clearance that shows "No Derogatory Record".

I already made plans ahead (Housing, School, and Trips), anyone had a similar experience? I saw some post about the same problem and there are responses that they got their Visa in a month or less.

Just want to know what are my chances getting a Student Visa? or should I disengage my plans.

By the way, for those who had the similar experience, what did you do to submit NBI Clearance? In my case I attached it in my Letter of Explanation.

Aside from that I don't think I can attach other documents, did you guys made a specific inquiry form or mailed the physical nbi clearance to them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's impossible for any of us to stay if your visa will be approved in time. I would not book any flights or make any firm commitments on accommodations until you have an approved visa.

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
scylla said:
It's impossible for any of us to stay if your visa will be approved in time. I would not book any flights or make any firm commitments on accommodations until you have an approved visa.
I know that from the start, just want to know some feedbacks from other students who were in the same shoe.

By the way, follow up question for those who did reapply. In my medical checklist, it was asking for my medical records but in IOM the records are sent after the examination directly (So no paper or document presented) instead I uploaded my IMM1017 which is my Medical Examination Instructions. I am not sure if what I did is right, or I should have submitted IMM5753 which is the request for medical?

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
justin777 said:
Hi Guys,

I thought my case was special since I got rejected because of a simple mistake which is the lack of NBI Clearance which was not clearly not stated online and checklist which I followed everything to point.

I just submitted another application today (July 11) and I need the visa around August 27(Freshmen Orientation), considering I am already done with other requirements like Medical.

Should I be worried? Considering that the normal process is 2 months, I visited the embassy in Manila and told me that my application will go back to square one even though the only difference is that I have an NBI Clearance that shows "No Derogatory Record".

I already made plans ahead (Housing, School, and Trips), anyone had a similar experience? I saw some post about the same problem and there are responses that they got their Visa in a month or less.

Just want to know what are my chances getting a Student Visa? or should I disengage my plans.

By the way, for those who had the similar experience, what did you do to submit NBI Clearance? In my case I attached it in my Letter of Explanation.

Aside from that I don't think I can attach other documents, did you guys made a specific inquiry form or mailed the physical nbi clearance to them?
how do you know it was rejected due to nbi clearance? did they say that on your rejection letter?

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
jonsnow said:
how do you know it was rejected due to nbi clearance? did they say that on your rejection letter?
Yup, in the correspondence letter that was given when I get rejected.

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
justin777 said:
Yup, in the correspondence letter that was given when I get rejected.
Thats strange, usually they make a request for additional documents if they need something that wasnt already mentioned in the checklist rather than outright rejecting an application. Well make a new application, do it at the vfs not online and hope you get it by september. Good luck

jerick15

Feb 24, 2016
Hi Justin, I'd like to help answer this query to the best of my knowledge and experience. Take note Im also a Filipino, but I am staying elsewhere not in the Philippines..

BUT I think, that procedures are the same to every Filipino trying to get a student visa as I had to undergo the same process of acquiring Philippines Local Clearances of all sorts.

1st. True enough it is not normally stated in the Checklist; that you need to provide for the NBI Clearance in this case. In the mids of the process, they would ask you only of Police Cert. There would not be a place where you can upload a scanned copy of your NBI. However what you did by attaching it along with another document was not wrong, you only had to make sure you draw their attention that it is attached to a particular document should they ever need it AND include in your letter the reason why did you attached it in. I should tell you I did the exact same thing.

2nd. Unless you did not meet the requirements, your chances of getting approved of a Visa is high. (BTW, I hope you realise that the Actual STUDENT permit is given upon arrival in Canada. Only visa they give us from the CIC is the Temporary Resident Visa). So in your rejected case, you may just reapply.

3rd. Scanned documents are fine. Physical documents are not necessary to be submitted unless they ask you to do so. In the course of my application, they only demanded me to submit my actual passport towards the end of the application where it was returned to me 1 week after, with the TRV Sticker attached. Which meant the approval.

4th. It was a long process. It took me about 3 months but it varies from countries to countries. Those who get their visas in much shorter time might have lower security requirements. For instance, my Singaporean friends got theirs in 5 weeks time.

5th. It is advisable to not make prior arrangements without first securing your visa. Otherwise it would all go to waste. Well, of course, the School (or University in my case) is mandatory that you settle otherwise you will not get admission letter required for visa application. Tuition Fees however, most of the designated institutions would allow arrangements such as all fees need not be paid before arriving as they understand the chances that student may be denied entry. However if tuition payments have been made, you can ask for a refund.

If you wish further clarifications, just request for my contact, Ill be happy to help.

Jeric.

PS. I speak Tagalog, not so fluent tho :)

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
jonsnow said:
Thats strange, usually they make a request for additional documents if they need something that wasnt already mentioned in the checklist rather than outright rejecting an application. Well make a new application, do it at the vfs not online and hope you get it by september. Good luck
Well I planned to do that but VFS told me just do it again online and submit your NBI Clearance, I told them about my intake in September and told me I have a little time and I will just pay more and will take the process longer in VFS

jerick15 said:
Hi Justin, I'd like to help answer this query to the best of my knowledge and experience. Take note Im also a Filipino, but I am staying elsewhere not in the Philippines..

BUT I think, that procedures are the same to every Filipino trying to get a student visa as I had to undergo the same process of acquiring Philippines Local Clearances of all sorts.

1st. True enough it is not normally stated in the Checklist; that you need to provide for the NBI Clearance in this case. In the mids of the process, they would ask you only of Police Cert. There would not be a place where you can upload a scanned copy of your NBI. However what you did by attaching it along with another document was not wrong, you only had to make sure you draw their attention that it is attached to a particular document should they ever need it AND include in your letter the reason why did you attached it in. I should tell you I did the exact same thing.

2nd. Unless you did not meet the requirements, your chances of getting approved of a Visa is high. (BTW, I hope you realise that the Actual STUDENT permit is given upon arrival in Canada. Only visa they give us from the CIC is the Temporary Resident Visa). So in your rejected case, you may just reapply.

3rd. Scanned documents are fine. Physical documents are not necessary to be submitted unless they ask you to do so. In the course of my application, they only demanded me to submit my actual passport towards the end of the application where it was returned to me 1 week after, with the TRV Sticker attached. Which meant the approval.

4th. It was a long process. It took me about 3 months but it varies from countries to countries. Those who get their visas in much shorter time might have lower security requirements. For instance, my Singaporean friends got theirs in 5 weeks time.

5th. It is advisable to not make prior arrangements without first securing your visa. Otherwise it would all go to waste. Well, of course, the School (or University in my case) is mandatory that you settle otherwise you will not get admission letter required for visa application. Tuition Fees however, most of the designated institutions would allow arrangements such as all fees need not be paid before arriving as they understand the chances that student may be denied entry. However if tuition payments have been made, you can ask for a refund.

If you wish further clarifications, just request for my contact, Ill be happy to help.

Jeric.

PS. I speak Tagalog, not so fluent tho :)
Hi Jeric,

Thanks for replying with some detailed answers.
1st. Yeah I attached it in Letter of Explanation, I search other post in the forum and they did the same but they did not divulge (Like if they needed to submit a physical document and stuff like that.

2nd I actually did not knew that, reapply is my best case scenario

3rd Yeah, I visited the embassy and they where no longer accepting drop offs. Not sure though for mail but I want to submit a letter and a duplicate of my clearance to them just to be sure (As much I want to make my chances getting approved as high as possible no matter what cost)

4th I guess, they gave me a rejection letter after 3 months ++ and they did not even double check if I have enough time to get reapply. Sad :(. I'm just hoping the officer in my previous application is the same so he can judge my application faster. Weirdly enough the post talking about the same scenario I got ended not telling their result if they got a Visa

5th I am more worried on my enrollment, I already emailed my College concerning my arrival (if ever I got a visa) and the status of my Visa. For housing luckily a friend of my cousin lived in a filipino home in the place I'm going and told me they would be happy to take me as a tenant for there vacant room. Hopefully its still available when I get there. Lastly the flight cost, was watching the prices for my flight that goes from 500$ and now it goes around 700$ - 800$ (Skyscanner)

justin777

Oct 13, 2015
Update - Talk to IOM and I did a mistake on sending the wrong document. They will give email you a soft copy of your medical clearance when requested.
I submitted a case specific inquiry for that document and just to be sure I also mail them a copy of that printed with my NBI Clearance.