+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejected 3 times and... I don't know what to do

tgskfk

Oct 19, 2012
Hello.

I am a international student in Canada and my boyfriend want to visit me. So he tried 3 times to get a TRV. However, his visa was rejected everytime.

First time, we did not know how to prepare (That is why the embassy rejected).
Second time, he applied through visa agency (the agency also did not sure what they are doing).
Third time, me and he prepared everything we can do and then we thought that it could be perfect and they would give him TRV. It had taken about 12 weeks and yesterday he received his passport back with again rejection..

However, there was no reason except a line of paper. That is "you failed to establish you are a genuine visitor."
I do not know what it means..

Please.. Someone help me...
If he try again, how can he prepare?
does someone know that mean?

Thank you.
Have a great weekend.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When visa office say you failed to establish you are a genuine visitor, that means they don't think you will leave the country at the end of your intended stay. You need to provide more proof of residential ties (such as employment and schooling) in your home country or anywhere you have more significant ties. Furthermore, if you had read the instructions of applying the visitor visa, you don't need to seek assistance from a visa agency. Those people are not necessary professional.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgskfk said:
Hello.

I am a international student in Canada and my boyfriend want to visit me. So he tried 3 times to get a TRV. However, his visa was rejected everytime.

First time, we did not know how to prepare (That is why the embassy rejected).
Second time, he applied through visa agency (the agency also did not sure what they are doing).
Third time, me and he prepared everything we can do and then we thought that it could be perfect and they would give him TRV. It had taken about 12 weeks and yesterday he received his passport back with again rejection..

However, there was no reason except a line of paper. That is "you failed to establish you are a genuine visitor."
I do not know what it means..

Please.. Someone help me...
If he try again, how can he prepare?
does someone know that mean?

Thank you.
Have a great weekend.
Apply GCMS notes along with physical files for your friend under the Access to Information Act in Canada. You will find VO's details explanation of refusal on that notes. It would cost you only $5. After that, he should rectify the reasons and reapply if he wants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pippin said:
Scorpion - why do you specify PHYSICAL FILES? Is there an advantage over Efiles? Thanks.
No, but it will be a long while before s/he receives the copy of the physical file, which will only probably have the documents that he submitted and the caips/cgms notes.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No, but it will be a long while before s/he receives the copy of the physical file, which will only probably have the documents that he submitted and the caips/cgms notes.
When I applied for GCMS notes along with physical files in August 2012, it took five weeks to receive a CD with the notes and files.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Scorpion - why do you specify PHYSICAL FILES? Is there an advantage over Efiles? Thanks.
The reason I specify physical files is that the applicant would be able to find visa officer's mark or notes, if any, on the documents submitted by the applicant.

If the applicant only applies for Electronic files that are GCMS notes, the applicant would be able to find only visa officer's detail notes and the refusal grounds.

If the applicant applies for Electronic files and Physical files, the applicant would be able to find visa officer's detail notes and the refusal grounds on the GCMS notes as well as visa officer's mark or notes, if any, on the documents submitted by the applicant.

When I applied for GCMS notes and physical files last time, I found that the date was corrected on the forms by someone at the visa office. This is not the first time I have seen this type of correction on the documents submitted by the applicant.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgskfk said:
OMG... It took so long....
So, did you try again and get a visa?
Five weeks is nothing. Once it took nine weeks as it depends on visa office and the type of application.

No, that was not for me. I live in Canada.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Thank you for the detailed description. I realize now that physical files would be beneficial for our friend's case which involves the VO having assessed someone else's application and filing their notes under our friend's ID. We have no idea where our friend's application has gone at this point.

Oct 21, 2012
Hello po new po ako sa site na ito...ask ko lang po ilang months po bago ma process ang visitors visa? My plan po ang canadian fiance ko na i visit visa ako gaano po ba katagal kapag nag simula kami mag file at submit ng mga documents?? sana mo mapansin nyo ang message ko na ito....thanks po in advance...

Pahabol...kailangan ko pa ba mag medical examination? visit visa lang naman ako...

sahariii

Nov 27, 2012
hi guys
is there any chance if u can help me?
i can say my TRV got rejected 2 weeks ago , my husband is an international student in canada and im a sutdent in iran
the officer rejected me because he couldnt be satisfied that i will return to iran
im so so so desperate noww because some lawyers told me its veryy rare to give me visitor visaa even if i approve my docs!
i dont know what to do ! is it really this unfair????/ is it true that because i got rejected its mor possible to get reject this time?
plzzz help me
im so desperate
sahar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sahariii said:
hi guys
is there any chance if u can help me?
i can say my TRV got rejected 2 weeks ago , my husband is an international student in canada and im a sutdent in iran
the officer rejected me because he couldnt be satisfied that i will return to iran
im so so so desperate noww because some lawyers told me its veryy rare to give me visitor visaa even if i approve my docs!
i dont know what to do ! is it really this unfair????/ is it true that because i got rejected its mor possible to get reject this time?
plzzz help me
im so desperate
sahar
What proof did you include in your application to demonstrate that you are well established in Iran and plan to return?