+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulated profession & education different when applying for EE

Apr 11, 2016
Hi everybody, I am a registered nurse of 10 years and possess a diploma in nursing, but after doing ECA through WES, the diploma is recognised as only 2 years of study and training, thus not equivalent to a Canadian degree. But I also possess a BA(Hons) in Graphic Design completed after 3 years (equivalent to 3 years Bachelor Degree in Canada), without any work experience yet in this field. Can I claim points for 10 years of work experience and 3 years of bachelor degree?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your BA in Graphics Design is assessed as such with an ECA, you can claim the points. For EE, education and NOCs don’t need to match.

Apr 11, 2016
If your BA in Graphics Design is assessed as such with an ECA, you can claim the points. For EE, education and NOCs don’t need to match.
Thank you. But I am having some doubts as nursing is a regulated job in canada and my nursing diploma does not give me any points in my EE profile. I am afraid they might reject my application as my graphic design degree is not in line with my work experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. But I am having some doubts as nursing is a regulated job in canada and my nursing diploma does not give me any points in my EE profile. I am afraid they might reject my application as my graphic design degree is not in line with my work experience.
If you have enough CRS points for an invitation, it doesn't matter if your work experience doesn't match your education.