+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding refusal please help

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
Hello
I received the refusal today and it was for two weird reasons as both were addressed in my SOP, i will share it with you so you give me your opinions.
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
my parents are sponsoring me in my studies, i have shown their personal bank accounts and they hold over 100000 CAD, we also own two houses and i have shown this also. the total cost of my studies with living won't exceed 50000 CAD.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am a fresh graduate from engineering faculty and i have applied for a 2 year postgraduate study in Canada that requires my engineering degree, i have got accepted and i have shown my acceptance and paid the first semester tuition, it is advanced and relevant to my field and will help me a lot to be employed in my country.
I have addressed all of these in the SOP that i submitted with the application.
tell me your opinions if possible and do you think that i should reapply or not ? i am applying for may intake so there is still enough time.
Thanks

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
Get caips notes and see detailed reason then maybe apply again.
okay i will do it,
but can you give me an insight now regarding the insufficient funds part ? do i need to provide something else like a statement from my parents that they will sponsor me, or is it enough to just put their personal bank statements and saying that they will fund me in the SOP ?

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Believe it or not, but this is the hard truth. If they have to reject they will even if you would be the eligible candidate. Don't lose hope. Retry again under SDS category and before that apply for a CAIPS Notes so you would get clarity.
I am sitting here with two rejections for the same very reason under SDS cat and now getting my documents ready for the third time under paper base submission.

xccd

Dec 9, 2019
Yes, you should include a signed letter from your parents stating that they will fund your studies. 50K includes living expenses? Give them a breakdown. Also, include the last 6 months of your parent's bank statements. And if your parents are employed right now, include proof of their employment. If they are making money somehow include proof that they are continuously generating income. You should also state clearly that you intend to go back to your country after your studies. (Convince them there are opportunities in your country and that getting this degree from Canada would help. Something like that).

Last edited:

hatakekakashi

Nov 25, 2019
Yes, you should include a signed letter from your parents stating that they will fund your studies. 50K includes living expenses? Give them a breakdown. Also, include the last 6 months of your parent's bank statements. And if your parents are employed right now, include proof of their employment. If they are making money somehow include proof that they are continuously generating income. You should also state clearly that you intend to go back to your country after your studies. (Convince them there are opportunities in your country and that getting this degree from Canada would help. Something like that).
50k is the total cost yes it includes the 4 semester fees and living cost, is there a sample that i should follow for that signed letter ? my father is retired and only my mother works right now and i submitted her proof of employment.
i'll look into it carefully now as i still have time, i stated that i intent to come back and this is actually my true intention as i need to be near my parents i just want to study to get a better employment position that's all and i stated that in the SOP as well.
i guess i got a hang on the problems now, and will be much better when i reapply.
Thanks for your help.