+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding pr

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
Hi,
I have stayed in Canada for almost 2 years with spouse visa .After that I came to India in 2022. Due to personal reason and health issues I am there to support family and stayed in India. What are questions will I be facing in immigration. I am on my pr status. Now can I return back to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have stayed in Canada for almost 2 years with spouse visa .After that I came to India in 2022. Due to personal reason and health issues I am there to support family and stayed in India. What are questions will I be facing in immigration. I am on my pr status. Now can I return back to Canada.
Is your PR card still valid? Otherwise, you would have to travel to USA and go to a land border before you can speak with Canadian immigration in person.

The USA immigration will probably ask you why are you coming and how long you stay in USA.

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
Is your PR card still valid? Otherwise, you would have to travel to USA and go to a land border before you can speak with Canadian immigration in person.

The USA immigration will probably ask you why are you coming and how long you stay in USA.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thankyou for the update. But my pr is valid till next year.
That's good.

What are your plans to maintain your PR status? The card expires; the status does not (but can be lost for not meeting the Residency Obligation).

If you return to Canada prior to the PR Card expiring, will you be prepared to remain in Canada to apply to renew the card (if you have 730 days or more in Canada, looking back 5 years from the day that you submit the application)?

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
That's good.

What are your plans to maintain your PR status? The card expires; the status does not (but can be lost for not meeting the Residency Obligation).

If you return to Canada prior to the PR Card expiring, will you be prepared to remain in Canada to apply to renew the card (if you have 730 days or more in Canada, looking back 5 years from the day that you submit the application)?
Hi,
I have stayed in Canada nearly 670 days.Due to personal reasons I stayed in India.Now I am planning to move back.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
I have stayed in Canada nearly 670 days.Due to personal reasons I stayed in India.Now I am planning to move back.
So after you moved back, wait till you have more than you need for RO 730 days in the previous 5 years and less than 9 months before your current PR card expires. Then you can apply to renew your PR card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Are you still married? Was your spouse with you in your home country? Is your spouse a Canadian citizen? What do you mean by spouse visa since that doesn’t actually exist. When did you land as a PR?

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
Yes married. My spouse is in Canada only.I landed as pr on Aug 2020. I came to India on July 2022.My spouse is Canadian citizen only. Now can I come back. What are the documents should be provided in the immigration.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes married. My spouse is in Canada only.I landed as pr on Aug 2020. I came to India on July 2022.My spouse is Canadian citizen only. Now can I come back. What are the documents should be provided in the immigration.
The only thing you need is your valid PR Card.

If you use the PIK (Kiosk at the airport), it's possible that you will not be sent to Secondary Inspection by CBSA, since the machine will see that your card is still valid.

However...be prepared in case you are sent to secondary. Be ready to have answers to the officer's questions.

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
The only thing you need is your valid PR Card.

If you use the PIK (Kiosk at the airport), it's possible that you will not be sent to Secondary Inspection by CBSA, since the machine will see that your card is still valid.

However...be prepared in case you are sent to secondary. Be ready to have answers to the officer's questions.
Thankyou for the response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hopefully you have proof that you and your spouse are still in a relationship like proof of your spouse visiting you in your home country. You have spent the same amount of time in Canada with your spouse as abroad separated. Would also have proof like medical records showing why you were required to be abroad and why nobody else could care for your family member.

Monika@123

Aug 20, 2024
Thanks for the info
Hopefully you have proof that you and your spouse are still in a relationship like proof of your spouse visiting you in your home country. You have spent the same amount of time in Canada with your spouse as abroad separated. Would also have proof like medical records showing why you were required to be abroad and why nobody else could care for your family member.
Thanks for the reply.It is very helpful