+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding language proof for wife who hasn't taken IELTS

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

I wanted to know if CIC accepts school/graduation certificates as language proof.

When I applied for PR I was the primary applicant and my wife didn't have to take IELTS. Now that we both are eligible for citizenship. Should she take up IELTS for proof of English? She is a bachelor of engineering from India where the course works in English. Can we submit the graduation certificate as proof of language? All the schooling has been in English.

If school/college records are accepted. should it be like an attested transcript or just a self-attested copy of the graduation certificate enough?

Thanks for the advice in advance

Cheers

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response Qwertypod.

So the link says:

The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
I am assuming that all I need to do is attach a copy of the certificate ( which is in English). Should it be self-attested or attested by anyone or the school?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the response Qwertypod.

So the link says:

The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
I am assuming that all I need to do is attach a copy of the certificate ( which is in English). Should it be self-attested or attested by anyone or the school?
No, it doesn't need to be attested just send them a copy of your wife's certificate. My wife and I sent copies of our degrees and our applications are IP.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
No, it doesn't need to be attested just send them a copy of your wife's certificate. My wife and I sent copies of our degrees and our applications are IP.
Any update on your application ? Does college degree certificate good enough to proof language skills?