+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding GIC

Saveeda

Oct 19, 2013
If we get a GIC account on the name of one university, can we change the university name later? Is it possible?

vickyindia

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
yes but we have to intimate them again of the change of course letter .i have confirmed from nova scotia bank about this and yes u can change later for sure

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
This is helpful..
Thanks for the info

pavan12

Oct 24, 2013
hello..
i applied for GIC account with mohawk college two days ago. still i didnot pay tution fees in mohawk..
but now i got offer letter from sheridan college. and i want to go in sheridan..

so is it possible ??

shoud i inform to scotiabank ?
need help please..

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Its okay.. U can wait for the GIC..
Sending them more things cud cause further delays..

Just get ur GIC first and then once u land there u can tell them this..

All the best..

pavan12

Oct 24, 2013
Sweetalker said:
Its okay.. U can wait for the GIC..
Sending them more things cud cause further delays..

Just get ur GIC first and then once u land there u can tell them this..

All the best..
thanks for advise..

it casue any problem in visa???
because apply GIC with Mohawk collge
and Admission in sheridan ..

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
I have a doubt regarding GIC.

I registered for GIC using Humber collegedocuments and the visa was rejected last September.

Now I am applying visa for Thompson Rivers University.

My agent says I need not inform Scotia bank about any changes and must use the same letter I got from scotia bank in August.

Is this right or do I need to inform Scotia bank that I have changed the institution I am applying visa with?

vickyindia

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
refer to the application guide for all info ..plus u can change the program by metioning "ur name ,passport number ,account number " in the subject and attaching the new letter and telling them to discard the previous one..mail should be sent to the sam email address on which u sent ur GIC application

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information. :eek:

Many users are saying that we do not need to update our college/ university offer letter with scotia bank.

Some users say we have to email gic with the updated or different college/ university offer letter by the original email id used to create the scotia bank account with.

My agent says the certificate is valid for a year and nothing has to be changed.

So there is a lot of conflicting information.

I applied initially using Humber offer letter. My visa was rejected and now I am going to apply visa using for Thompson rivers university but have not updated the offer letter with scotia bank.

Is this good or bad?

vickyindia

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
if u r current GIC details hold the name of other college and u wish to use the same gGIC for the college u r applying (in ur case TRU)..then u have to update using ur emial address to newaccount@scotiabank.com(i checked it with scotia officials )

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
vickyindia said:
if u r current GIC details hold the name of other college and u wish to use the same gGIC for the college u r applying (in ur case TRU)..then u have to update using ur emial address to newaccount @ scotiabank.com(i checked it with scotia officials )
Would they be issuing a new GIC certificate ? because I am planning to file for my by Tuesday with the current gic document that I have.

Is there any format that I should follow when sending the mail? and the related documents?

pavan12

Oct 24, 2013
vickyindia said:
if u r current GIC details hold the name of other college and u wish to use the same gGIC for the college u r applying (in ur case TRU)..then u have to update using ur emial address to newaccount @ scotiabank.com(i checked it with scotia officials )
hello..
i applied for GIC account with mohawk college two days ago. still i didnot pay tution fees in mohawk..
but now i got offer letter from sheridan college. and i want to go in sheridan..

in my case shoud i inform to scotiabank ?
need help please..