+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding education history for Express Entry

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi, I have a Master's degree from a Canadian university, and a Bachelor's degree from my home country. I have a few questions:

1. For the end date, should I enter the date I completed the requirements to graduate (I have a letter from the Office of the Registrar that states this), or the date on my certificate? My Master's degree was awarded about 3 months after I completed the requirements to graduate.

2. I don't have ECA for my Bachelor's degree. Since I already have a Master's degree from Canada, should I just put my Bachelor's degree under Personal History section after ITA?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: patric__

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Also, I have a few months of gap between my study and my job, during which I spent on jobhunting. In this case, should I put the start date of my unemployed/job-hunting period after the date I completed my requirements to graduate, or after the date I received my degree?

devuatsat

Feb 12, 2023
Hi, I have a Master's degree from a Canadian university, and a Bachelor's degree from my home country. I have a few questions:

1. For the end date, should I enter the date I completed the requirements to graduate (I have a letter from the Office of the Registrar that states this), or the date on my certificate? My Master's degree was awarded about 3 months after I completed the requirements to graduate.

2. I don't have ECA for my Bachelor's degree. Since I already have a Master's degree from Canada, should I just put my Bachelor's degree under Personal History section after ITA?

Thanks in advance.
1. I put the date at which I finished the requirements (NOT the date I was conferred the degree). My logic was it says "end date" and at that date I "ended" my studies and requirements. Also, that was the same date with wich I applied for PGWP earlier, so it made sense to me.

2. I had the exact same situation, and I consulted with many people in perosn and in this group. Everyone was saying a different thing. I ended up doing what made the most sense to me at the time; I also put enough explanations. I added both my Canadian Master's and my home country Bachelor's in Education History. I also put both degrees and transctripts and the official translation of my non-canadian degree in the Education History file. I also explained based on the official website, the highest degree which was Canadian had the only contribution to my CRS, and I didn't need to assess the other one. But many people, for the same reason, didn't put their Bachelor's degree in Edu. History (for the same reaosn that it didn't have any contribtion to the score)
You can put it or not. But put enough explanation, and try to be very clear. Also, of course put both in Personal History. You only need to provide evidence for what had contributions to your score.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Also, I have a few months of gap between my study and my job, during which I spent on jobhunting. In this case, should I put the start date of my unemployed/job-hunting period after the date I completed my requirements to graduate, or after the date I received my degree?
yup you were unemployed during that gap time <<- that's in personal history not education

patric__

Nov 24, 2020
1. I put the date at which I finished the requirements (NOT the date I was conferred the degree). My logic was it says "end date" and at that date I "ended" my studies and requirements. Also, that was the same date with wich I applied for PGWP earlier, so it made sense to me.

2. I had the exact same situation, and I consulted with many people in perosn and in this group. Everyone was saying a different thing. I ended up doing what made the most sense to me at the time; I also put enough explanations. I added both my Canadian Master's and my home country Bachelor's in Education History. I also put both degrees and transctripts and the official translation of my non-canadian degree in the Education History file. I also explained based on the official website, the highest degree which was Canadian had the only contribution to my CRS, and I didn't need to assess the other one. But many people, for the same reason, didn't put their Bachelor's degree in Edu. History (for the same reaosn that it didn't have any contribtion to the score)
You can put it or not. But put enough explanation, and try to be very clear. Also, of course put both in Personal History. You only need to provide evidence for what had contributions to your score.
And how did it go for you? I got invited through the CEC and having the same date issue as you both. Not sure if I should only send to immigration my completion letter since sending them my diploma or transcript would be confusing as they have later dates.

Jul 4, 2024
Los servicios de redacción de ensayos se han convertido en una parte integral de la vida de los estudiantes universitarios modernos. Estos servicios ofrecen ayuda profesional para redactar artículos académicos como ensayos, trabajos de investigación, estudios de casos y otras tareas, http://trabajos-universitarios.com. El principal beneficio de utilizar servicios de redacción de ensayos es ahorrar tiempo y aumentar la productividad académica. Los estudiantes a menudo enfrentan una gran carga de trabajo académico y actividades extracurriculares, y estos servicios les ayudan a afrontar la gran carga de trabajo. Además, los escritores profesionales que trabajan en dichos servicios tienen conocimientos expertos en diversos campos del conocimiento. Esto garantiza una investigación de alta calidad y la realización competente de tareas de acuerdo con los estándares académicos.
Hello! Nice post. Thanks for answers