+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding ECA scoring of 3 year Polytechnic Diploma & B.Tech degree after that

Ghan_Shyam

May 16, 2018
Punjab, India
Hello,
I did my Matric in 2009 from CBSE board, after that I took admission in higher secondary (2009) but after 1 year I took a drop in 11th standard i.e. in 2010 and in this same year (2010) I took admission in a Polytechnic college & did a 3 year Diploma. After passing out in 2013 I took lateral entry admission in B.Tech. i.e. Bachelor of Technology. B.Tech is a 4 year bachelor degree in engineering but for a Poly. Diploma holders i.e. lateral entry candidates are given 1 year off and therefore they do B.Tech in 3 years. Now my Questions are -

1. Will the WES count my Diploma as well my bachelor degree or are they going to ignore my Diploma and will only count bachelor degree.
2. If yes will that diploma increase my CRS score & if yes then how much score? My score with only bachelor degree is 404 and 437 after selecting the option of "Two or Certificates, diploma, degree. One must be of 3 or more years".
3. Will that gap between my Matriculation (2009) & taking admission in Diploma (2010) going to affect my case?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello,
I did my Matric in 2009 from CBSE board, after that I took admission in higher secondary (2009) but after 1 year I took a drop in 11th standard i.e. in 2010 and in this same year (2010) I took admission in a Polytechnic college & did a 3 year Diploma. After passing out in 2013 I took lateral entry admission in B.Tech. i.e. Bachelor of Technology. B.Tech is a 4 year bachelor degree in engineering but for a Poly. Diploma holders i.e. lateral entry candidates are given 1 year off and therefore they do B.Tech in 3 years. Now my Questions are -

1. Will the WES count my Diploma as well my bachelor degree or are they going to ignore my Diploma and will only count bachelor degree. Get ECA done and you'll know for sure. It should be counted as a separate diploma.
2. If yes will that diploma increase my CRS score & if yes then how much score? My score with only bachelor degree is 404 and 437 after selecting the option of "Two or Certificates, diploma, degree. One must be of 3 or more years". Depends on ECA, but most likely it will be 2 or more degrees.
3. Will that gap between my Matriculation (2009) & taking admission in Diploma (2010) going to affect my case? Nope

Reactions: Ghan_Shyam

Ghan_Shyam

May 16, 2018
Punjab, India
I'm sorry for replying late. Thank you for you response.
With my current financial situation & a borrowed laptop with a friend's hotspot, I can only say thanx :p lol. I hope this will work too. :) but i hope in future my situation will be good enough to give you a good treat. ;)

I've a lot to ask from you and your experience. I hope you won't mind it.

Thanx again. Maverick.

Srushti2020

Dec 12, 2021
Hello Ghanshyam,

Did WES count it as bachelor degree or
“Two or Certificates, diploma, degree. One must be of 3 or more years".

I have also done polytechnic and then engineering.