+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding certification of qualification

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
My brother's PR application just got refused due to certificate of qualification. He had an Operator-in-training certificate of drinking and wastewater management governed by the following regulations and act.
On his certificate, it clearly states that it is a certificate of qualification for wastewater operators under drinking and wastewater management. Personally,I gave that exam and got my application approved without any query or problem. The officer who reviewed his application found the wastewater certificate ineligible under the Ontario's certificate of qualification.
We are thinking to appeal regarding it but are not sure how exactly to prove them.
Did anyone have similar experience in the past ?
if so please share it because my brother's work permit is expiring soon.
Without the certificate his score with two year experience is 445.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother's PR application just got refused due to certificate of qualification. He had an Operator-in-training certificate of drinking and wastewater management governed by the following regulations and act.
On his certificate, it clearly states that it is a certificate of qualification for wastewater operators under drinking and wastewater management. Personally,I gave that exam and got my application approved without any query or problem. The officer who reviewed his application found the wastewater certificate ineligible under the Ontario's certificate of qualification.
We are thinking to appeal regarding it but are not sure how exactly to prove them.
Based on what we've seen here, IRCC seems to have stopped giving people credit for this specific certification. I think there was too much abuse. People who weren't even working in the industry were getting it just to boost points and IRCC saw this as an abuse of the process.

What occupation does your brother have? Does he working water management role?

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Based on what we've seen here, IRCC seems to have stopped giving people credit for this specific certification. I think there was too much abuse. People who weren't even working in the industry were getting it just to boost points and IRCC saw this as an abuse of the process.

What occupation does your brother have? Does he working water management role?
No.He works in as a IT support technician. Unfortunately, we are one of the them too as we were giving it a try as we found a loop hole in immigration system too. He came to Canada after his high school therefore he has low crs point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No.He works in as a IT support technician. Unfortunately, we are one of the them too as we were giving it a try as we found a loop hole in immigration system too. He came to Canada after his high school therefore he has low crs point.
IMO he's out of luck and an appeal will fail. IRCC has figured out and shut down the loophole.

IRCC just announced a few program for those working in Canada. Maybe that's an option for him.

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
IMO he's out of luck and an appeal will fail. IRCC has figured out and shut down the loophole.

IRCC just announced a few program for those working in Canada. Maybe that's an option for him.
I guess so. Well, thank you so much for your advice. About the program,Can you please send me the link ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I guess so. Well, thank you so much for your advice. About the program,Can you please send me the link ?
I don't have the link. But people are posting about it now all over the forum. Have a look through the most recent threads.

Sukhjinder S

Aug 26, 2021
Hi
Same thing happen with me on 16/08/2021
Did you get approval after appeal or not?
Pls update if you have any info

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Same thing happen with me on 16/08/2021
Did you get approval after appeal or not?
Pls update if you have any info
In my opinion there is no point in appealing this decision. IRCC has stopped recognizing this certificate of qualification since there was too much abuse of the process.

You'll need to qualify and reapply without these points under the same program - or find a different immigration program.

Nachiket66606

Sep 10, 2021
Hello sir,
I used Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence, all expiring 2021/08/31, issued by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (processed by the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office) in Canadian Experience Class. I got query from CIC officer -
"
The submitted Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence do not appear to be consistent with the definition of “certificate of qualification” on the publicly-available Canada.ca website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html), which defines “certificate of qualification” as follows:
A certificate of qualification proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:
 have passed a certification exam
 meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This certificate is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory, or by a federal authority. Depending on which body or authority issues it, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate”.
Please provide additional evidence supporting your declaration that you hold a certificate of qualification, as noted above. This includes any evidence you wish to be considered clearly demonstrates completed training in a skilled trade occupation, qualification in that trade occupation (as issued by a competent provincial or federal authority), and how you meet all the requirements to practice that skilled trade in your province."
Can you please advise how I have to respond this query as soon as possible. I have 5 more days only to reply this query.
Thank You
Nav
What response did you get after submitting query clarification ? Did it worked out ?

dharmin

Jan 18, 2023
Hello sir,
I used Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence, all expiring 2021/08/31, issued by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (processed by the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office) in Canadian Experience Class. I got query from CIC officer -
"
The submitted Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Wastewater Operator Certificate, and Wastewater Operator Licence do not appear to be consistent with the definition of “certificate of qualification” on the publicly-available Canada.ca website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html), which defines “certificate of qualification” as follows:
A certificate of qualification proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:
 have passed a certification exam
 meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This certificate is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory, or by a federal authority. Depending on which body or authority issues it, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate”.
Please provide additional evidence supporting your declaration that you hold a certificate of qualification, as noted above. This includes any evidence you wish to be considered clearly demonstrates completed training in a skilled trade occupation, qualification in that trade occupation (as issued by a competent provincial or federal authority), and how you meet all the requirements to practice that skilled trade in your province."
Can you please advise how I have to respond this query as soon as possible. I have 5 more days only to reply this query.
Thank You
Nav
Hello, I am in the same boat, can you let me know what final decision came in your case from IRCC

dharmin

Jan 18, 2023
Hi NAVREETBAJWA,
Can you please give any more details on your'e file. AOR date and what happened after your'e response? Literally hunting down for a solution on this trade for quite long period of time by now. Couldn't find a solution no one was leaving final reply after they stated thread on this trade.
Hey, can you share what happened in your case. Will help a lot, please and thank you