+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusel on Spouse open work permit

Harman65

Jun 3, 2019
Hii .. i am harman.. .i am student in canada ..before 3 months i visited india and got married in my offical break from college ...now i am full time student .... i applied SOWP for my wife from india via offline.... she got refusel under 205 c (ii) regulation ... anybody help me ... what can i do right now ?
Thanks for advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
SOWP's aren't guaranteed.

Are you a full time student at a Designated Learning Institution?

confused99

Nov 25, 2018
The institution needs to be Publically funded Post secondary institute. You need to be enrolled in a minimum 2 year course and include the following paperwork :
1. LOA
2. Enrollment Letter
3. You and your wife's bank statements showing at least $20000 combined
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Wedding pictures
6. FB Status recognizing each other as spouses
7. Continuous dialogue between you two like Whats App call log etc.

Its not guaranteed that you will get it but at least present a solid case

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The institution needs to be Publically funded Post secondary institute. You need to be enrolled in a minimum 2 year course and include the following paperwork :
1. LOA
If he's already enrolled in college, he doesn't need the acceptance letter, but it doesn't hurt.
2. Enrollment Letter
Yes, this is important.
3. You and your wife's bank statements showing at least $20000 combined
Where do you come up with this number? It needs to be a sufficient amount of money to cover expenses, but why exactly have you chosen $20k?
4. Marriage Certificate
Yes, this is essential to prove marriage.
5. Wedding pictures
These are helpful, as are other proof that the marriage is genuine, but don't overwhelm the visa officer with random things.
6. FB Status recognizing each other as spouses
This is not a mandatory thing - you need to prove the marriage is genuine, but you don't need to overwhelm the visa officer with random social media things.
7. Continuous dialogue between you two like Whats App call log etc.
You won't find this on the checklist for the application, and it's only needed if you have a very weak case to prove the marriage is genuine. @confused99, you're suggesting things here that are like what you need to submit for an outland spousal sponsorship. You don't need to submit a massive amount of documentation unless the relationship looks weak.
Its not guaranteed that you will get it but at least present a solid case
It's never guaranteed.

Reactions: BradyAhran

confused99

Nov 25, 2018
I always believe that applicant should submit all the evidence that he/she can collect. Never hurts... The more information you give out to the Visa officer, its easier for them to decide in your favour...

NEVER HURTS :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I always believe that applicant should submit all the evidence that he/she can collect. Never hurts... The more information you give out to the Visa officer, its easier for them to decide in your favour...

NEVER HURTS :)
The more information you provide, particularly information that isn't necessary nor asked for, increases the amount of documents that IRCC must read and slows down the review.

Provide what's needed. Maybe a little more. Don't overwhelm them with documents that are not actually required.