+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Visa for Mother

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
My mother had applied for visitor visa but got refused. Now we are applying again she plans to travel on 1st september 2023. But now I fear that visa might not come by that date. Should i change the dates of travel or keep these dates only?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My mother had applied for visitor visa but got refused. Now we are applying again she plans to travel on 1st september 2023. But now I fear that visa might not come by that date. Should i change the dates of travel or keep these dates only?
What country? You don’t buy tickets until approved. What were reasons for refusal and are you addressing those issues?

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
India to Canada. Reasons were insufficient funds and yes I have added the reasons and added supporting documents and reasons with the Statement of purpose

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
India to Canada. Reasons were insufficient funds and yes I have added the reasons and added supporting documents and reasons with the Statement of purpose
Ok so you have shown her own funds to support length of visit which is what IRCC wants. If you are not PR or citizen, then IRCC wants proof of her own funds in the bank, not those of children. As for getting approval by September 1 in less than 2 weeks...not really possible. She still needs approval plus passport stamping.

goyal2712

Aug 11, 2023
Ok so you have shown her own funds to support length of visit which is what IRCC wants. If you are not PR or citizen, then IRCC wants proof of her own funds in the bank, not those of children. As for getting approval by September 1 in less than 2 weeks...not really possible. She still needs approval plus passport stamping.
Yeah. So my question is should I change the duration in Statement of pupose? Or keep the dates as same as previous application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah. So my question is should I change the duration in Statement of pupose? Or keep the dates as same as previous application?
IRCC really doesn’t care about dates but there is no way she is going on September 1, even if approved. Not sure purpose of visit but maybe say visiting in October, November or even visit over the December holidays.