+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Student Visa then apply for Family Class/Spousal Sponsorship

Sep 29, 2021
Just wanna ask I had a refusal tourist visa in 2016 and a student visa last 2019. my agent apply my 2nd time and she didn't write that I had a refusal history. then I denied again I received the refusal letter. they said that I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: That you have never previously been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or ordered to leave any other country aside from Canada, as you had indicated on your application forms.

I got my Pre Arrival on Sep 1, 2021
but on Sep 23, 2021, they request additional requirements ( old passport, and last refusal student visa letter)

Waiting for the updates... what do you think in my case? they will send Pfl or DM and PPR?

Is any same situation here?

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Why did you not declare previous refusals?

You've only provided part of the refusal letter. You may have been banned for five years and yet you've re-applied.

You'll be lucky if you don't get a PFL and a further refusal.

Reactions: YVR123
Sep 29, 2021
Why did you not declare previous refusals?

You've only provided part of the refusal letter. You may have been banned for five years and yet you've re-applied.

You'll be lucky if you don't get a PFL and a further refusal.

My agent process my application, I told her but she didnt follow my instruction. But I disclose to Ircc that I had a refusal, I wrote an explanation to my spousal application and yesterday I got ' Decision made"

Question? Decision Made what does it mean? is it approved or not?
I think the last step is PPR right?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
My agent process my application, I told her but she didnt follow my instruction. But I disclose to Ircc that I had a refusal, I wrote an explanation to my spousal application and yesterday I got ' Decision made"

You are not clear in the slightest. Did you disclose the refusal history in the family class application?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

If you agent didn't follow your instruction, you shouldn't have signed the application. And thus she cannot submit the application with wrong/untruthful information.

As said, it's not very clear what happened.

Sep 29, 2021
You are not clear in the slightest. Did you disclose the refusal history in the family class application?
Yes, I disclose and when I applied to a family class. I tell everything and truth.

Sep 29, 2021
If you agent didn't follow your instruction, you shouldn't have signed the application. And thus she cannot apply with wrong/untruthful information.

As said, it's not very clear what happened.
I thought were ok after I gave my info to her. and she applied for the student visa. but after that she cant be reach . she is a scam. but its okay. the important is the present not the past. No worries I disclose to IRCC in my family class application. and Thank God. I got decision Made. :)

Sep 29, 2021
Yes, I disclose and when I applied to a family class. I tell everything and truth.
way back 2019 Im single and yes I got refuse in student visa because of the agent I trust but she is a scam, she write wrong info, and she send my new renew passport without my signature, she didnt inform me I'm not aware of it. She cant be reach after the refusal.and that's okay. everything has a reason.
now Im married and applied to the family class, I disclose and tell all everything to IRCC. Thank God I got DM, Pre Arrival, Waiting for PPR.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So in the end you did what anyone here would tell you when applying for family class - disclose the previous misrepresentation and hope for the best. It worked out for you.