Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
messic said:
Hello friends,

I was refused the SPP visa for my proposed study in canada for the September 2013 intake. My friend recommended that I post my case here in this forum to get an answer as to why it happened and how can i put up a stronger case if i decide to reapply for the Jan '14 intake. Im from India btw.

Exact reason for my visa refusal:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

So here is my background:

10th - 50% - 2006 completion
12th - 51% - 2008 completion (commerce stream)
Recent IELTS - 7.5 Overall
Medicals - DONE

My case is a little bit complicated cause after my 12th i went to Australia for diploma in computing @ MIBT Melbourne leading to 2nd year IT Degree from Deakin University (it was through a pathway program cause my 12th grades were not good enough for direct admission into university). I was not able to complete that course because I sort of lost interest due to the programming related subjects. Other subjects i scored Credits and Distinctions. After that, because of my lack of interest, I decided to change course and move to the media field but due to lack of trust from my parents i had to return back to india.

Since then i have a had a huge gap. I had done a foundation course (3 months) related to Film and TV production from a private institute in Mumbai. And i have managed to fill up the gaps with work experience letters related to the same field.

Now, i wished to go back abroad and complete my studies in more or less the same field (Media). So i applied to Durham College, Oshawa for Interactive Media Design 2yr Diploma Course. I got the offer, paid GIC and had taken an education loan so that there should not be any finance related problems in the application process. I also built up a very strong SOP stating as to why my past endeavours were not successful and throughly explained my future prospects and ambitions . Im going through an overseas education consultancy (agent), so they were there to assist me at every step and check through all documents which were to be submitted to the high commission.

After doing all of this, submitted the VISA application under SPP only to be presented with a refusal within 14 days. I have looked through these forums and have understood that this sort of thing happens quite a lot to many people. I thought (on a friends recommendation) I should put up my case up here and see what you all think about this particular predicament of mine.

Is it worth giving it another shot? Should I even bother reapplying? If yes, what would be your recommended changes or additions to my new application? Will it be easier if i go back to studying IT instead of Media? My friend himself has applied to go to canada in jan '14. He said I should try applying in the General Category instead of SPP (where i understand GIC is not mandatory). What do y'all think? How do I go about doing it right this time around.

My agent thinks me going back to Australia makes more sense and would be easier cause I have been there before and she thinks it would be easier to get a student visa, but to this point i have got no offers only a bunch of refusals from there. I still do have 2 active applications which im sure i can get (offers). Im in two minds at the moment. 2 options .. Either go for Australia (if i get an offer) or reapply for Canada (still have my doubts whether I can get VISA approved). I also do like the prospect of PR in Canada if i do decide i want to stay back later on.

Please advice. What would you do if you were in my place.

Thanking you in advance.
congratulations!!

can i have your email, i need your suggestion.

Sep 24, 2014
Refused One time SPP Visa and 3 times visitor visa

Hi friends,

I had applied for Visitor Visa in 2005 for my Uncle's marriage in Canada alongwith my mother. But unfortunately, it was refused.
After the declaration of the result, we applied for the same and it was refused again. ( 2 times refused).

Reason for refusal: Insufficient funds and you will not come back.
But, I think this reason was completely un genuine.

Then, I applied for visitor visa in the year 2012 along with my father. But it was refused again.
Although, My father had visited canada in 2007. But his visa was also refused alongwith me.

Reason for refusal: Insufficient funds and you will not come back.
But, I think this reason was completely un genuine again.

Recently, I applied for study Visa under SPP to canada for Sep 2014 intake and unfortunately rejected again.

This time, they gave me the refusal reason that
Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of previous studies, family establishment and funds.

I had done my 10th with 84% marks (CBSE), 10+2 (Comp. Science) with 78% marks (CBSE),BCA (Computer Applications) with 69% marks and IELTS 6.5 with min 6 bands each and opted for Information Technology Solutions (Database Development) Post Graduate Diploma in Humber College, Canada and I dont think that my course was irrelevant with my previous studies at all.

Now, I want you to suggest me that whether I should apply for study visa againb for January Intake or should do a reappeal for my visa?

Is there any way to find out the proper reason for refusal?

Thx in advance.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012