+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused landing and passport seizure

Emma- Abi

Sep 9, 2017
My husband was granted the PNP and his express entry visa. We got married few months after his visa granted and made several efforts to contact CIC by email. All efforts were to no avail as emails were not delivered.

He travelled down and informed the immigration officer at the airport aboit the change in marital status and the efforts made to contact cic (showed all emails as proof) but the officer refused landing and seized his passport. She however allowed him into the country and advised he returns after 2 weeks for a decision to be made.

Please advise us on what to do and how to address the issue.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So I am confused your husband was granted PR but then you both got married before he completed his PR landing as opposed to PR landing first then get married ?

So then he decided to complete his landing with his COPR granted as a single person at the airport but then declared at the airport he was now married possibly bringing into question the validty of his COPR ?

Did I understand correctly ?

As his spouse are you a PR or a citizen.

Reactions: hamgha

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
My husband was granted the PNP and his express entry visa. We got married few months after his visa granted and made several efforts to contact CIC by email. All efforts were to no avail as emails were not delivered.

He travelled down and informed the immigration officer at the airport aboit the change in marital status and the efforts made to contact cic (showed all emails as proof) but the officer refused landing and seized his passport. She however allowed him into the country and advised he returns after 2 weeks for a decision to be made.

Please advise us on what to do and how to address the issue.
Are you sure you don't want to consult an actual immigration lawyer about this?

Reactions: dr feras

Emma- Abi

Sep 9, 2017
So I am confused your husband was granted PR but then you both got married before he completed his PR landing as opposed to PR landing first then get married ?

So then he decided to complete his landing with his COPR granted as a single person at the airport but then declared at the airport he was now married possibly bringing into question the validty of his COPR ?

Did I understand correctly ?

As his spouse are you a PR or a citizen.
Yes you are correct.
I am neither a PR nor a citizen.
What can we do? Please advise

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
You need to consult an immigration attorney.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Sorry to hear about your situation.
Thats why we tell people to always inform cic about such major things through a case specific enquiry CSE. Just trying to send mails isnt good.
Anyways I 100% agree that you do need to consult an immigration lawyer.
Good luck

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Emails don't work in this case, only CSEs

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In any case, he traveled to Canada with the intention to land, not to inform an officer and return back to the country of Origin. So he had to figure this issue out before heading out to Canada. Emails to CIC, phone calls to CIC, raising a CSE, using an attorney etc were all the options available. However, given the circumstances, you need to contact an immigration lawyer ASAP, and wait for the 2-week timeline to run its course.