waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
akadora said:
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 1111 Accountant

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience based on the information on file. You requested assessment under NOC 1111 based on work experience with the **** from 31/01/11. In support of this you provided a letter dated 24/09/12 from your employer which confirmed your employment and listed your main job responsibilities. The information provided did not satisfy me that you have performed the functions of the lead statement and a majority of the main duties under NOC 1111. Consequently, you have failed to demonstrate that you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill of type O or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained your Canadian educational credential.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

**I'm currently working at a bank as "junior accountant". My job duties are pretty much matching in NOC code 1111, but the employment requirements says, I need certificate of any of accounting designation. Looks like this is the reason why I got refused. I should have applied for NOC 1311. I guess my only option is re-apply it from the beginning, right?
By the way, what's BOWP and AOR??
BOWP = Bridging Open Work Permit. It's something that immigration started in December for applicants waiting for their PR when their work permit is about to expire. Read about it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is the email you get from immigration telling you that they have received your application.

When did you apply?
Were you on open or closed work permit?

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks,
I applied for PR last November...
Looks like I need to wait for another year.
I'm with my post-graduate work permit, expiring next March. (Guess this is "open work permit"?)

alak0008

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-10-2013, and CIC received it on 24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-11-2013, Sent passport on 29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013, Received passport on 17-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
akadora said:
Thanks,
I applied for PR last November...
Looks like I need to wait for another year.
I'm with my post-graduate work permit, expiring next March. (Guess this is "open work permit"?)
Why wold you have to wait for a year? Just get another letter and pick the right NOC code and apply.

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
Oh, i mean if I re-apply from the beginning with correct NOC code now, it will take at least one year... I suppose.

YoungJC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
03/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
03/26/2014
LANDED..........
03/31/2014
akadora said:
Oh, i mean if I re-apply from the beginning with correct NOC code now, it will take at least one year... I suppose.
Yea it takes a lil bit. Depends really, it could take 13 months, it could take 9 months, it just varies.
My suggestion would be to round up all your docs, with the proper NOC code this time, and reapply.
Now, if you are concerned about your work permit expiring before the PR process is done, you can apply for the BOWP. Once you apply for your PR and receive an AOR, which is an acknowledgement that your file is complete and has been moved to a department for processing, you can then apply for a BOWP. You can apply for the BOWP 4 months to the expiry of your current WP. The BOWP should give you another year, from the expiry date of your present WP, which would allow you to work legally till your application is finalized.

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks guys..
was really helpful to get things straight.
Now, I'm doing my PR application again..
Hope we all get PR soon!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
akadora said:
Hello everyone.
My application for PR has been recently refused due to wrong NOC code.
I applied it as accountant(NOC code 1111), but I wasn't satisfied based on my work experience.
I was not careful enough to read "NOC 1111 employment requirement", saying I need accounting certificate in order to apply as 1111.

Sorry to hear about the refusla. But the NOC 1111 description does not say that. It does say that if you use the protected job title (e.g. Certified General Accountant") you do need to be certified. If you just used the generic term like "assistant accountant" then it does not require certification.

In any case, the NOC employment requirements are not used by CIC. If your application was refused because of the NOC, it means your letter of employment did not provide a job description that matched with NOC 1111. Cannot help you without seeing the job description, tho.

My only question is, do I still have a chance to re-submit with correct NOC code or do I have to start from the scratch?

You can try, but it is unlikely to work. First, make sure the duties in your original job letter do match with NOC 1311. (You can't submit a new job letter). Then you could indicate that if 1111 is not the correct NOC code, according to HRSDC, and you think that NOC 1311 is a better match and is also skilled (Skill Level B), then your file should be reconsidered on the grounds that you do meet the requirements.

As I said, it's probably not going to work, but if you try it, the response will be relatively quick. In the past, CIC would automatically assess the NOC and if it was skilled in the same line of work (like NOC 1111 and 1311), it was usually OK. It appears that now they will only look at the one NOC you provide. Not very fair, in my opinion, but I'm not a VO.

gracy016

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-13
Doc's Request.
12-30-13 (RPRF & Biodata)
AOR Received.
04-30-13
Med's Request
12-31-13
Med's Done....
01-08-14
Passport Req..
02-21-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-14
LANDED..........
03-09-14
It happened to me too.. You have to send new application again. :(

nsis

Jul 24, 2013
Hi OP,

Jes_on is right, you don't need designation/certification for 1111. I applied under noc 1111 and got my med request yesterday, and I don't have a cga, cma or ca. I am an intermediate accountant at a crown corp.

Hope this helps. Try and have the job description aligned with the ones given in cic website.

Best of luck!

Reactions: hjf123

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
Thank you so much guys.
It's pretty clear now.
I guess my employer's letter was not alligned under NOC 1111.

Always nk

Jan 10, 2018
H
Hi OP,

Jes_on is right, you don't need designation/certification for 1111. I applied under noc 1111 and got my med request yesterday, and I don't have a cga, cma or ca. I am an intermediate accountant at a crown corp.

Hope this helps. Try and have the job description aligned with the ones given in cic website.

Best of luck!
ello can u plz share ur experience in details regarding the noc n job description as even i m an accountant I started working after intermediate got full time paid job while doing job i was completing my beachlors in b.com i m confused which noc should I apply with 1111 or 1311 as i have experience only after intermediate vill i be accepted in ee profile if i count my experience n beachlors i m getting overall score of 457 crs any suggestions would b helpful